Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PDA fix

Options
  • 04-07-2008 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend me some reputable electronics repair shops in the city that might be able to fix a PDA. It seems to be screen-based, the software and hardware are mostly working fine, but the screen isn't responding to the stylus. Any places that I can trust to take it in and fix it?

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

The AV repair centre on Fr Matthew Quay have a god rep and they may be able to advise...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

parsi wrote: »
    The AV repair centre on Fr Matthew Quay have a god rep and they may be able to advise...

Thanks, but no good. Also tried the business supply shops on Marlboro street (on AV's recommendation), PC World and Soundstore in Wilton.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Well if PC World can't do it then you're fecked ;)

Seriously it would seem that the PDA is like so many other gadgets and unrepairable in an economic fashion which is a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

have you checked the price of a replacement screen online?
    I've done that in the past to fix an ipaq. didn't cost much and was fairly straight forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Never mind, it just need to be re-calibrated. D'oh!

• Advertisement
Advertisement