Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

xenon 'bulb'- warranty

Options
  • 04-07-2008 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭

Me ol' fella's E240 is under warranty from turner's cross and the beam has gone a salmony pink. Is this the "burber"? Covered under warranty?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Bulbs are 'wear and tear' items and are not covered under warranty. However, if a wiring fault has led to the light going pink then maybe you'll have a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

crosstownk wrote: »
    Bulbs are 'wear and tear' items and are not covered under warranty. However, if a wiring fault has led to the light going pink then maybe you'll have a chance.

Due to the long life and high cost of Xenons they are sometimes covered by warranty (by VAG anyway) if dead within short (1-1.5year) time frame.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭MarkN

Xenon bulbs are quite different...

If ANYTHING goes wrong with them during warranty I would be onto the dealer.

If you paid 1700 quid for an extra, you expect it to work.

I had a dodgy xenon in my S3 and it was replaced without question.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

OP - If he ends up getting really stuck, I have a spare used Osram D2S you can have for him. I think it's the correct bulb, but you'd have to check.

Advertisement