Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you unplug an O2 USB broadband device safely?

Options
  • 04-07-2008 10:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭

Just bought an O2 USB Broadband device. How do you unplug it safely? It says in the booklet to "Double click (some tiny icon, haven't a clue what it is) in the status area. The Unplug or Eject Hardware interface is displayed".

Utterly lost trying to do this step! Help please!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

The default option, for USB mass storage devices, in Windows is the optimise for quick removal. This means you just plug it out, without having to do anything. That's what I do with mine all the time, no problems.

If there is a green arrow icon in the system tray (by the clock), click on this and it'll show you the devices that can be removed. Select the Mass Storage device that corresponds to your modem and click on it. Then you can unplug.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mayo Exile

Cheers for that jor el! So I can simply plug it out when I have disconnected it? No green arrow icon by the clock so I created a shortcut on the desktop (Googled how to do this). Strangely enough when I use it, it shows no hardware devices acticvated when the modem is active!?

Advertisement