Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dolan Hercules SE

Options
  • 04-07-2008 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hey dudes,

Any opinions on the Hercules SE frame, or Dolans in general? Could be getting an upgrade to one.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Anzer123

no???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Dolan are a great bike. I bought an old steel Terry Dolan for a friend last winter and she is flying on it now. Anyway the Pezula team ride the Dolans and they don't seem to hold them back ! I know one of the Pezulas and he trains with us during the winter, he really likes his Hercules SE (In white and black) so if its good enough for someone who has done a couple of olympics, won the RAS twice and scored top 10 stages in the Giro D'Italia then it will be plenty good for you !

Dolan are pretty famous for track bikes too and have plenty of world champs on their bikes. Worldwide Cycles in Clonmel have some really good prices on the Dolans. Is that where you are looking ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

Hi there,

I just picked one of these machines up last week built up on Ultegra SL and Aksiums. Its nice bike - responsive and stable at speed, not as twitchy as say a TCR C and a wee bit heavier but I'm hard pressed to fault it.

Oh and if you have'nt bought yet there's a sale on 'em till the end of September - a grand off (€2800 - €1800). Come November it's back up to cost. If you're willing to travel for one go contact An Siopa Rothar in Limerick and say Darragh sent you, John there won't see you wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Anzer123

CheGuedara wrote: »
    Hi there,

I just picked one of these machines up last week built up on Ultegra SL and Aksiums. Its nice bike - responsive and stable at speed, not as twitchy as say a TCR C and a wee bit heavier but I'm hard pressed to fault it.

Oh and if you have'nt bought yet there's a sale on 'em till the end of September - a grand off (€2800 - €1800). Come November it's back up to cost. If you're willing to travel for one go contact An Siopa Rothar in Limerick and say Darragh sent you, John there won't see you wrong.

Hey man,

Indeed they are a fine machine! I got one a couple of months ago from an SR, I think I got the first one that came into the shop. Its a great deal, you would be hard pushed to get same specs on another bike at the same price.

What do you think of the saddle? Little bit hard around the eges i think! Still tho, am delighted with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

Hey Anzer,

Yeah the saddle is def not for the un-initiated - if I came across it when I started cycling that would have been some shock to the system (and elsewhere). It's light enough but if you're more used to a cushy fizik saddle it's a bit of a change.

Still, having put down a bit more than the hundred on the bike now I still can't fault it - the performance & kit for the price is pretty staggering!

• Advertisement
Advertisement