Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

brand new car for cash - how much discount

Options
  • 04-07-2008 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭

Ok seeing as there was doom and gloom about the number of new cars being sold in te first half of the year, and the fact a lot of people were probably waiting til July to buy Diesels. what sort of Discount off list price should
    a) I ask for?
    b) Expect to get?

car is 33k list price, less vrt and vat it's ~21k. So if I got 10% off that's 8% out of the dealers pocket, yeah?

Secondly, is VRT fixed for a new car irrespective of the price I pay, i.e. is the price I pay a dealer for a car given any weight in the calculation of the omsp? or is it always taken as list price by revenue?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

VRT is fixed, so what you pay has no bearing on the VRT. what discount you get depends on what car you're looking at, bear in mind that dealers will be holding out for more money on diesel models, and are more likely to give a big discount on a similarly priced petrol model. you're unlikely to get a stonking deal on any diesel given the drop in price most have experienced.

Advertisement