Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Simplification...

Options
  • 04-07-2008 11:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this is the wrong thread - Mods move please.

Boards.ie has grown to a behemoth, congrats to all involved, but. Navigating for a non twice a day regular is a non runner.

I.E. could you possibly have a drop down forum list at the bottom of each page? I queried this previously and was told that it was dropped due to bandwidth "issues"

Secondly, a "search" box would save an awful lot of trawling...

Well, you asked for feedback...

Keep up the good work.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

there is a drop down forum list at top of page and a search box pops up if you click on search. You can also subscribe to forums and every thread you post it so new posts show up in your user cp..

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

The search box would be very handy especially if it could be made like the the recipient field when private messaging. e.g. I type in "afte" it would load all the forums that begin with afte in to a drop down box and I can select the appropriate one from the list. It would also be handy to have this anywhere you might need to select a forum like search and the page you get when moving a thread.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

copacetic wrote: »
    there is a drop down forum list at top of page and a search box pops up if you click on search. You can also subscribe to forums and every thread you post it so new posts show up in your user cp..

That search box is only for searching threads and posts. What's the drop down forum list you are referring to? It's not the drop down menu at the very top of the page is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

A search box for forums? Dunno if i'd use it really. The subbed list is enough.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

The search box would be very handy especially if it could be made like the the recipient field when private messaging. e.g. I type in "afte" it would load all the forums that begin with afte in to a drop down box and I can select the appropriate one from the list. It would also be handy to have this anywhere you might need to select a forum like search and the page you get when moving a thread.
    Something like this? The idea's been in my head for a while.

Not sure where I'd stick it if the bosses wanted to implement it, top of the page is getting a little squished in 1024x768. Open to suggestions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

To the right of the boards logo?

CuLT wrote: »
    Something like this? The idea's been in my head for a while.

Not sure where I'd stick it if the bosses wanted to implement it, top of the page is getting a little squished in 1024x768. Open to suggestions.
    Exactly what I was thinking. I can't think of anywhere to stick it but I'll have a think.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Couple of suggestion for the placement.

Screen chickens added for Sherifu.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Good suggestions but you could also put it on the search page under Advanced.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement