Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving from Eircom to UPC is it wise

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Do you sign a contract with UPC i.e. you have to keep the broadband connection for a year

What happens if you can't fulfill the year becuase you move flat etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Do you sign a contract with UPC i.e. you have to keep the broadband connection for a year

What happens if you can't fulfill the year becuase you move flat etc?

Like any standard contract, you'll have to pay up for the full 12 months. Nothing unusual about this. Don't sign up if you're thinking of moving out and won't be able to transfer the account to another tennant.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 bailey13

Does anybody know why I'm finding in nigh impossible to attach pics to emails using my UPC BB? If it works it takes ages.....

Otherwise my speed is great (I'm in Stillorgan region)

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭DinoBot

bailey13 wrote: »
    Does anybody know why I'm finding in nigh impossible to attach pics to emails using my UPC BB? If it works it takes ages.....

Otherwise my speed is great (I'm in Stillorgan region)

Have you done a speed test to check your UL rate. Try resizing your pic to be real small and see if that makes a difference.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

One more stupid question--Will any wireless router work with UPCs service?

Rather than pay UPC 50 euros for one can I buy my own or even better use my old Netopia onbe from Eircom?

• Advertisement

Hellrazer wrote: »
    One more stupid question--Will any wireless router work with UPCs service?

Rather than pay UPC 50 euros for one can I buy my own or even better use my old Netopia onbe from Eircom?

Yeah, cant see why not. They give you a basic cable modem and from that point on its Ethernet cable as normal so you can plug that into your pc or a router of your choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

DinoBot wrote: »
    Yeah, cant see why not. They give you a basic cable modem and from that point on its Ethernet cable as normal so you can plug that into your pc or a router of your choice.
    I don't think this works as there won't be any NAT. In this setup, only one machine connected to the ADSL router would work at any time and reboots would be needed to get others working. Open to correction :)

ethernet wrote: »
    I don't think this works as there won't be any NAT. In this setup, only one machine connected to the ADSL router would work at any time and reboots would be needed to get others working. Open to correction :)

Well i have a Netgear wireless router in my setup with my PC hardwired in and labtop, ipod touch or psp all access the internet. I have no NAT issues, in fact no problems at all.

Advertisement