Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Currency Exchange

• 04-07-2008 11:55pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey,

Does anybody know a place that opens on Saturdays where I can get euros converted to Sterling? Im heading to Wales by Ferry on Sunday morning and completely forgot to go to the bank.

Suggestions?!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Woodgate

Waterford Credit Union in Parnell Street.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

If you're completely stuck do it on the boat. Might get stung a bit though.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Woodgate wrote: »
    Waterford Credit Union in Parnell Street.

Do they open late afternoon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,778 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Could take it out over there from an ATM.
    Not sure what the bank will charge though for that.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

JPA wrote: »
    Could take it out over there from an ATM.
    Not sure what the bank will charge though for that.

Id have to use my credit card and it costs enough withdrawing cashing from that as it is :p Im only looking for about 50 quid, or even less as im just there for a few hours.

• Advertisement

wrote:

I dont think banks open on a Sunday. :/

I wish banks opened on Saturdays. So bloody annoying.

wrote:

Its really annoying. I find it hard to get to the bank during the day, and its closed on weekends when im free most of the time. Drives me nuts.

Do the Post Office do currency conversions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

credit union by ardkeen opens till 5 today. probably your best bet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭just-wonderin

Sully wrote: »
    I wish banks opened on Saturdays. So bloody annoying.

try the halifax bank they open on saturdays, not sure what time they close at or if they do exchange tho

• Advertisement

try the halifax bank they open on saturdays, not sure what time they close at or if they do exchange tho

Ah ya, where is the Halifax bank in Waterford?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

why dont you transfer money from your current account to credit account so you wont be charged for using credit card at atm if your a student,
    and will just incur minimum charges if your all grown up.

why dont you transfer money from your current account to credit account so you wont be charged for using credit card at atm if your a student,
    and will just incur minimum charges if your all grown up.

Its a business account, and I don't like taking money from the business account for personal use. I don't usually put money in the bank - I have it in a credit union account. So im trying to convert cash. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

oh right ok,
    I would reccommend you look into rabobank,
    they offer better rates than the credit unions as they are online based, but thats for another day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Enjoy Oakwood :D

WOULD I MAKE A GOOD COP ?

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    Enjoy Oakwood :D

WOULD I MAKE A GOOD COP ?

Maybe.. depends on your evidence. Guesswork wouldn't work in court mate. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Id have to use my credit card and it costs enough withdrawing cashing from that as it is :pIm only looking for about 50 quid, or even less as im just there for a few hours.

Exhibit A :
    Amount of currency required UNDER 50
    All rides in Oakwood are free except for Vergio which is £ 33 for 2/3 people , I would say you are not be a sad loner and will be travelling with some people .Therefore I can conclude that you will be going dutch or 1/3's for Vertigo . This will leave you with enough change from the £50 for a bit of food and maybe a drink in the park.
    Exhibit B :
    Amount of time spend in Wales, Is time of year Oakwood closes at 6 . which helps explain why you will only be there for a few hours. Also there are only two reasons why any sane person takes a day trip to Wales .1 Irish or Munster Rugby match (1 day trip only for one of these would be a waste of time ) also there are no matches on this weekend. AND 2 Oakwood

I PUT IT TO YOU, SIR . YOU ARE GUILTY...:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

Ah ya, where is the Halifax bank in Waterford?

dungarvan i think.

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    Exhibit A :
    All rides in Oakwood are free except for Vergio which is £ 33 for 2/3 people , I would say you are not be a sad loner and will be travelling with some people .Therefore I can conclude that you will be going dutch or 1/3's for Vertigo . This will leave you with enough change from the £50 for a bit of food and maybe a drink in the park.
    Exhibit B :
    Amount of time spend in Wales, Is time of year Oakwood closes at 6 . which helps explain why you will only be there for a few hours. Also there are only two reasons why any sane person takes a day trip to Wales .1 Irish or Munster Rugby match (1 day trip only for one of these would be a waste of time ) also there are no matches on this weekend. AND 2 Oakwood

I PUT IT TO YOU, SIR . YOU ARE GUILTY...:D:D:D

Excellent. I have returned, but need to recover from sea sickness. I lasted fine right up until the boat was parking back in Roselare. :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Excellent. I have returned, but need to recover from sea sickness. I lasted fine right up until the boat was parking back in Roselare. :/

ye and then you went and decided now after nearly 4 hours of being on a boat ok you'd feel sick. Scaring off them lovely young girls we were talking to, which btw if they are on boards and reading this, FIND US!!!lol :D:D:D :P:P ah only joking. Some trip. I love oakwood. The vertigo was the best!!!
    Exhibit A :
    Exhibit B :

I PUT IT TO YOU, SIR . YOU ARE GUILTY...
    Sheer brilliance :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

stick-dan wrote: »
    ye and then you went and decided now after nearly 4 hours of being on a boat ok you'd feel sick. Scaring off them lovely young girls we were talking to, which btw if they are on boards and reading this, FIND US!!!lol :D:D:D :P:P ah only joking. Some trip. I love oakwood. The vertigo was the best!!!

Sheer brilliance :D
    I hate that ferry on a rough sea though, especially the small fast one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

It's much worst with a belly full of drink lol...:D:D

stick-dan wrote: »

I think you managed to scare them off all by yourselves Dan :p

Aye, twas a good laugh. Who would of thought you could get banned from one of the rides eh!

Anywhome, on topic - I got the cash converted on the boat (had about 20GBP already, so converted a bit more) and all went well. :)

Rockman: If you need a reference when applying for the detectives job in the Guards, ill vouch for ya :p

Aye twas that we were on. Much worse on the way back and I recall one of the staff saying "There all getting sick" (refering to the amount of passanger who were running to the toilet and the deck to get sick). It was only a small part of the journey that was most rough and had everyone feeling ill.

Advertisement