Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flash MX

Options
  • 04-07-2008 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭

Hey everyone,

having a small problem, I did flash years ago but forget something oh so simple!

When I make a button for a website, how do I export JUST the button, not the button with stage attached?

Thanks alot!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Hmm, not sure about that one... in the version of flash I use, you can export your assets directly from the library if it's a movie... but button symbols seem to have all those options greyed out.
    Couldn't you just change the size of the document? Like publish a 150x80 size swf or whatever size the button is?

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭eezarthegreat

Hmm, not sure about that one... in the version of flash I use, you can export your assets directly from the library if it's a movie... but button symbols seem to have all those options greyed out.
    Couldn't you just change the size of the document? Like publish a 150x80 size swf or whatever size the button is?

Hey donkey,

Yeah I did but the stage seems to have a small 2 mm white border still EVEN though it's MEANT to be the same size as the button. It's like a default border???

Hmmmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Well if it's got a border when it appears on the webpage it could be for other reasons... check your html... I'm not sure if they still do it this way, but last time I looked there was an <object> tag with lots of perameters like width= and height= ... check them out and see if they tally with the actual size of your swf.
    Other than that you could check any CSS the page uses for borders around page elements... it could be whatever html object is playing container to the swf could have the border.
    Try setting the background colour of the flash stage to something else... see if the white border changes colour... this should be a good indicator as to whether it's the swf or the html/css.
    Also can't you set the flash stage background to 'transparent' or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭eezarthegreat

Well if it's got a border when it appears on the webpage it could be for other reasons... check your html... I'm not sure if they still do it this way, but last time I looked there was an <object> tag with lots of perameters like width= and height= ... check them out and see if they tally with the actual size of your swf.
    Other than that you could check any CSS the page uses for borders around page elements... it could be whatever html object is playing container to the swf could have the border.
    Try setting the background colour of the flash stage to something else... see if the white border changes colour... this should be a good indicator as to whether it's the swf or the html/css.
    Also can't you set the flash stage background to 'transparent' or something?

Hey donkey thanks again for the reply,

turns out my mask layer was conflicting with the actual stage....don't ask...

Anyways it's all rosey and i got it going so thanks for the help :D

Advertisement