Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Herbal fags

• 05-07-2008 12:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

First time poster to this particular forum. Congrats to everyone who is either having success or trying to give up the dreaded weed.

Myself, 35 years old, smoking bout 20 years maybe 15 seriously. Tried many times to give them up to no avail. Saw friends and family succumb to cancer (smoking and non-related) for many years. Could never figure out what was keeping me smoking. Got a fright 2 weeks ago. Been on the nicquiteen (sp) 21mg patches since. I'm smoking herbal mixture ( no nicotine, no tobacco, reduced tar) when I'm stuck. No fags for the past two weeks. Got through the going out for pints phase.

Highly confident that I can give them up for good this time. The confidence coming from the fact that I actually don't want to smoke anymore as opposed to the fact that I should'nt. Yay !!!!

I titled the thread Herbal Fags cos they did me a great service. Each to their own but a combination of herbals and nicquitan cq (sp) has done me great.

Good luck to you all my brothers and sisters,

Heckler

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

Hey Heckler, a few months on how are you getting along?

Interested to hear more about the herbal cigarettes, what exactly are they, how do they taste and where do you get them??

Thanks in advance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭badabinbadaboom

Herbal cigarettes are basically just that, they dont have tobacco or nicotine. You can buy them in the chemist, they wont relieve any withdrawal pangs but handy if you need something to do with your hands.
    Taste? if during your smoking career you got really desperate and smoked an incense stick you will find it familiar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭Heckler

Hey Heckler, a few months on how are you getting along?

Interested to hear more about the herbal cigarettes, what exactly are they, how do they taste and where do you get them??

Thanks in advance

Alas the herbal fags didn't work in the end. Was off the real deal for about a month. The longest I ever was. As of today I'm off them again since last Sunday week. Just using patches.

I got the herbal mixture in Holland and Barrett. The chemists don't stock them anymore I was told. At least not in Cork anyway. You can get roll your own mixture or boxes of 20 "cigarettes". They taste pretty bad but you would get used to them. They smell terrible though. They cost about half the price of real fags. They contain no nicotine or tobacco and carry no health warning. HoneyRose is the brand I used.

Like many before me I failed by going out drinking one night and saying "sure I'll only have the one". Famous last words. And this was after other nights out and not smoking.

Anyways, I don't think I'll try the herbal stuff anymore. I'm just going to stick with the patches. That said they might be just the ticket for you or others.

Best of luck with it.

Advertisement