Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toyota Previa - cylinder head issues

Options
  • 05-07-2008 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

macnab wrote: »
    In the long run I spent €9000 on a 97 Toyota Previa 8 seater and cant fault it, I spent the money I saved on an M5 for me:D

Would you have any idea about the cracks in cylinder head? It looks like it's the common problem for Previa. I'm looking to buy an MPV myself right now and this is the only problem that makes me think twice before commiting to buy this wonderful vehicle.
    Is it something that happens to all the Previa diesels eventually?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

New thread created (split off from old MPV thread)

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Panda Moanium

Thread split while typing....reposted under MPV thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Panda Moanium

Thread split while typing....reposted under MPV thread.

Or at least I would if I could find the thread :o ...seems to have disappeared. Here is what I was going to post, mods please move it across if the thread reappears.

If you really need a proper seven seater - i.e. one that will take seven adults comfortably, you should consider a van based alternative such as the VW Caddy Maxi Life. Circa €28k for the 1.9 TDi, it hides its van origins very well, comfortable, handles a lot better than you would expect, very practical for access and loading, and it has a decent size boot even with the seven seats in place. It is quite long though...

Of the conventional MPV's the S-Max is without doubt the choice as a driver's car, although the C4 Picasso drives nicely as well and comes well specced in standard trim.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

It hasn't disappeared, last post was 24.06 ...I gave up searching after page 15 :D

Advertisement