Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

It starts here ... Boycott on filling stations

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭JMSE

I'm pretty disappointed with the reaction to my idea and I'm willing to accept that based on the replies of this particular boards users, my idea is not going to take off. The people who replied with mild 'this is what you should do' ideas have their hearts in the right place but the ones who knocked it just belonged to a group I can only describe as 'knockers'.

kbannon, in post 4 you knocked the idea 'that people could be offered money to protest' - you might as well knock that one alright coz I didnt mention it

snowman707, in post 5 you linked the dole to rising fuel prices, good man

hanley, you suggested my idea would put retailers out of business, your fellow knockers later confirmed what I had later said, that being, retailers make more from non-fuel sales than from fuel sales

fighting irish, 1,970 posts now, your little throweyes icon helped get you there, not long now till the big 2,000

robbo, I think in the 50 forums and then some that you look at you have learnt the art of personalising knocking quite well

MYOB, you quoted me doubting that retailers make a whole lot on fuel and then to boost your argument against me said 'the retailer makes a pittance off sales' ... good man. Also later you inferred I lacked a modicum of sense claiming I had conceded that Esso and Maxol have little control over the supply of oil, damnit I should have done debating at school because it seems people will just say bloody well anything to backup their yet-to-be-founded opinion, be that utterance rubbish or not

and then theres John R, now I've already replied to John R who knocked my idea with a personal slant on it, but his paragraph ... 'It matters not one bit either way, even if it was a company that produce their own oil that you boycott they would not be stuck for buyers AT FULL MARKET PRICE for all the fuel that they could not sell directly. They would simply sell it to the other retailers who were experiencing a sudden increase in demand due to your boycott' is a good opposing argument to my original post, the kind of intelligent opposing or 'for' response I was hoping for last night when I originally posted, but I got ... knockers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

3 consecutive posts :eek:

No one is interested anymore, don't take it personally, just move on. :)

Giggle, knockers.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭JMSE

ok cionad i got the hall stairs n landin shampoo'd vacuumed all at the same time though so couldnt help the mind wanderin back to my big ploy to save the free world

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

I'm locking this now ...before all of the "accused" start defending themselves :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement