Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Clamped on a Road but they didnt see the parking scratch ticket

Options
  • 05-07-2008 2:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭

I was parked on a road - a friend lives there.

There was a scratch ticket there but the clampers didnt see it, it may have slipped from view. Is this enough to complain and have it quashed if I can show a permit for that time / day?

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,788 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Not really because these can be bought at any time so no proof that you had paid up. Clampers frequently take photos of the car also. However if the ticket isn't visible, what can they do but clamp you?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭worded

kbannon wrote: »
    Not really because these can be bought at any time so no proof that you had paid up. Clampers frequently take photos of the car also. However if the ticket isn't visible, what can they do but clamp you?

It names the road though - its a residents permit. They cant be bought?

Still think I have no leg to stand on?

I just heard that if queried they refund IF you have a redisents scrath ticket that they didnt see.

true or bull?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,788 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

It may depend on the ocal authority. However, nothing was visible in your car and thats why you were clamped.
    Your best bet is to contact them rather than hope someone on internetland gives you the answer you want to hear but has no bearing in reality!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

worded wrote: »
    It names the road though - its a residents permit. They cant be bought?

Still think I have no leg to stand on?
    are you a resident ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

snowman707 wrote: »
    are you a resident ?
    Residents with permits can get scratch cards to distribute to guests. I believe that is what is being referred too. Full residents permits are not scratch cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

If it had been a residents permit proper then i'm sure they'd remove the clamp FOC. A scratch card, though - just pay up, i'm afraid.

Was a scratch ticket witht he road on it given to me by the friend living on the road. (can they be got in shops as well? / if yes then Ive no case.) Clampers didnt see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

Was a scratch ticket witht he road on it given to me by the friend living on the road. (can they be got in shops as well? / if yes then Ive no case.) Clampers didnt see it.
    No can only be applied for by a permit holder with the council AFAIK. Certainly not in the shops.

No can only be applied for by a permit holder with the council AFAIK. Certainly not in the shops.

So is it worth putting in a query or no? Ive heard they just pay a refund / not worth going to court over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Doesnt really matter whether it can be bought in the shops. Who's to say you didnt scratch the card after you got clamped?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

Residents with permits can get scratch cards to distribute to guests. I believe that is what is being referred too. Full residents permits are not scratch cards.

Ok

Ty for info

The chances are I have a better case with a "guest pass" ?
    Its not like I just left it parking anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

The chances are I have a better case with a "guest pass" ?
    Its not like I just left it parking anywhere.
    Stekelly wrote: »
    Doesnt really matter whether it can be bought in the shops. Who's to say you didnt scratch the card after you got clamped?
    It's that simple.

Advertisement