Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

boards.ie/forumname

Options
  • 05-07-2008 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭

boards.ie/afterhours
    You get the idea.

Is this possible?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Yes, but due to the nature of forum names is difficult to keep consistent.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

What do you mean?
    Names of forums changing and then having to re-name the url?

I had another idea earlier, but then I forgot it.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Terry wrote: »
    What do you mean?
    Names of forums changing and then having to re-name the url?

I had another idea earlier, but then I forgot it.
    That's one thing, also there's strange characters in forum names, picking a uniform way of converting those would be necessary, and then there are categories with the same names as subforums.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Ahh, I see what you mean.

Computers > Computers and the like and the and& thing.

Now, if only I could remember the other suggestion I had.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Had a similar problem on Discover Tramore. Example.. B&B. We fixed that problem, but came across another issue with the use of the Irish "fada" (Iv never done Irish so excuse me if thats the incorrect name!) which we havent really came across a fix yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

or even boards.ie/82 for feedback
    and /23 for webmaster forum
    and /7 for after hours....
    and /228 for the development forum

ie. using the ID of that forum for it's URL

it would save having to enter in the boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=** that i have to type in every day...

Sully wrote: »
    Had a similar problem on Discover Tramore. Example.. B&B. We fixed that problem, but came across another issue with the use of the Irish "fada" (Iv never done Irish so excuse me if thats the incorrect name!) which we havent really came across a fix yet.
    Yep, thats right! the Fáda!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

nevf wrote: »
    or even boards.ie/82 for feedback
    and /23 for webmaster forum
    and /7 for after hours....
    and /228 for the development forum

ie. using the ID of that forum for it's URL

it would save having to enter in the boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=** that i have to type in every day...

Yep, thats right! the Fáda!
    Thats easier for the server to interpret, but just as meaningless as the current URLs for the users.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

yah good point aidan

but looking at this thread kinda reminded me of something....

i have a short enough domain sitting in the closet: :D

nevf.net/development

sweeet.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

www.boards.ie/tcd used to point to http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=468 but it was switched off at some point in time. I think regi had it set it up originally.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i think this would be very handy, especially for college forums.

would be great seeing www.boards.ie/*insertcollegenamehere* etched/wrote on a desk in college.

don't think anyone would etch this www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=473

:D

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement