Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help - gift for 1st birthday - special baby

Options
  • 05-07-2008 10:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭

I need a little help and advice please regarding a gift for a baby who will be one. The baby is an angel - very special - don't want to say much more.

Should i get a personilied gift - something that could be kept for years to come but baby would probably not get any enjoyment from it yet.

Or a toy that would help baby with development.

I'm thinking about a toy that would help with development. I've had a look for toys recently and i don't know what to get - theres so many. Baby likes books and music.

Any help and advice would be great.

If anyone can recommend some websites for me that would be great.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

I know its a bit unconventional but for my friends' babies first birthdays as the children get so much stuff and they won't remember it I always get the mum a present instead - something like earrings with the birth stone for the month or if there is something like the child's name I get that (eg for my friend who called her daughter Ruby I got ruby earrings). Its a nice way to mark what they went through the year before.

If you are in Dublin I think the bears in Build A Bear (Dundrum) are great for special occasions for those of all ages... As there are so many outfits and accessories you can add to it as the child gets older and you can personalise the birth cert to their date of birth and name...

Hope those suggestions are some help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Nelbo

www.babymoments.ie do wonderful personalised Cd's / books/ stockings for that personal touch. They also have lovely celtic style Birthstones

Regards

Nelbo

I am lost on this system.
    I have been told in my in box from a loobyloo that she has posted an entry, but to be honest I can't find it. Or in fact the entry I posted.
    Can anyone help

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

From what I see she has deleted her post here. You could try sending her a PM ?

I removed your post as it looked like blatant advertising (one post pointing to a website). You're not affiliated with the site by any chance ?

I am a new user and darling x asked for websites to help her. I will be more careful in the future.
    Nelbo
    PS how do I send a pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

No worries, you can see how it looks though, we get a lot of people sign up post their website once and then never contribute again. Ill un-delete your post as it appears you were actually contributing. My apologies.

To Send a PM click the users name and a drop down menu should appear, you can choose to send a PM from that menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭di11on

WoodenToys.ie do lots of quality baby stuff. Stuff from the HABA brand is very nice.

See here: www.woodentoys.ie

* Declares Affiliation!!! *

Advertisement