Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin's dearest Camera shop.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Barname wrote: »
    my biggest gripe is when I went to a certain well known shop and purchased a D200, I was assured a new model was not imminent, the D300 was launched the next day!

left a sour taste especially as I have since learned about Nikons product cycles and know that they had to know!

poor form.

Well in a sense they were right, whoever they were. If that was just the new product announcement from nikon then it would have been at least a year if not longer before you would have been able to buy one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

Well in a sense they were right, whoever they were. If that was just the new product announcement from nikon then it would have been at least a year if not longer before you would have been able to buy one.

no sense about it.

If I had waited a week I would now own a D300

Like I said, I was not aware of product cycles etc at the time, I was depending on the perceived integrity of the salesman, anyway he got his sale that day however in my book that is short term thinking

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Not having a go here, but before buying gear you really do need to do more research than asking sales people in shops. Generally I try to know more about the specific product than they do.

The Sales Staff are there to make Sales. They could be playing the short game by selling you something by misleading you. You may not go back but then they may have moved on & they have a sale & are not concerned with the return business. Family owned businesses are more likely to play the long game.

There was lots of talk around about the rumoured release of the D300 long before it was official.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

CabanSail wrote: »
    Not having a go here, but before buying gear you really do need to do more research than asking sales people in shops. Generally I try to know more about the specific product than they do.

The Sales Staff are there to make Sales. They could be playing the short game by selling you something by misleading you. You may not go back but then they may have moved on & they have a sale & are not concerned with the return business. Family owned businesses are more likely to play the long game.

There was lots of talk around about the rumoured release of the D300 long before it was official.

Family, business and personal commitments etc. limit my time for infinite internet research

I didnt go to Harvey Normans or Currys I purchased from a well known Dublin Camera shop that has a Family name over the door.
    I thought that one could fairly expect that such a business should be playing the long game.

I think my comments have been fair and I have not named the business

Thing is I am now in the market for a high value lens (2-3 x body price) and they will not be considered.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Tommy Max

Its on grafton street.

Complete rip off.

Standard of customer service is terrible. No chance of refunds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Thread_Crap_Wont_Die_RE_mega_zombie_forum-s300x371-97014-580.jpg

Advertisement