Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for another dog - advice!

Options
  • 05-07-2008 12:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi,

We're thinking of getting another dog, mainly as company for our female terrier. Basically I'm looking for some advice on what kind of dog might suit - my mum would love a tibetan terrier (we'd a cross of those years ago) but we'd rather go down the rescue route if possible. We're not looking for pedigrees as such, a TT is just her dream dog! But it's hard to justify spending so much on a dog when theres so many looking to be rehomed-the money would be far better off going to a rescue centre.

Our main problem is that my mum seems allergic to certain kinds of dogs so we'd like to get something that sheds as little as possible. For this reason a Tibetan terrier would suit, as would the likes of bichon frises etc, but these types of dogs don't often show up in rescue centres! From what I've seen theres mainly Jack russells, collies and labradors (and crosses of these) all of which shed a lot. Also size-wise we'd ideally like something no bigger than a small spaniel/large terrier.

Does anyone here have any idea what kind of dogs might suit? Or where to look? We have a large garden, though the dog would have the run of the house aswell.

Thanks!

Comments

Advertisement