Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox grinding and wont play games

• 05-07-2008 12:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭

I've had an xbox for about 18 months now and only recently did it start playing up. At first it played games with now stopping or interuptions in game play but the xbox was making a grinding sound when starting the game.
    After a while it start grinding louder and longer and started grinding throughout gameplay. Then anytime i tried to start a game the tray kept opening and it said the disk was unplayable.
    Now did anyone else experience this problem and is it easily repaired? And does anyone know if i can get it repaired from someone in the galway region?
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Is it standing level?
    Is it scratching your disks?

Mine tried to kill GTA IV lately on me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Oman

Its standung up vertically and i think its marking the edge of the disk ie if you rub your finger along the edge it'll be bumpy. if that makes sense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Dunno about someone fixing it in Galway, but you can send it back to Microsoft and get the drive replaced.

There's a 3 years warranty for red ring errors, and 2 years warranty for everything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Oman

i thought it was only a year for problems other than the rrod. and i dont really want to send it to microsoft, i need something a bit quicker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭dcukhunter

I might be able to help u pm ur details and I will get in touch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Oman wrote: »
    i thought it was only a year for problems other than the rrod. and i dont really want to send it to microsoft, i need something a bit quicker
    I thought it was only a year too. But the tech support guy told me it was 2 years for Irish customers, and a year for UK customers, which could cause the confusion. I sent my off to get the drive replaced the day after GTA came out and it was back in 2 weeks. It was a rush job apparently, as I'd sent it in before for RROD repair.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Unconcerned

I've had seriously problems with 360's. I got the first one back 2 christmass's ago, thinking it was a good investment. After about 3/4's of a year, the same problem started up : Grinding disks, making funny noises, refusing to read X-BOX 360 disks, instructing me to enter them into an X-BOX 360... amusing. Eventually, she stopped working - so I made the huge mistake of sending it back to Microsoft. So, about 3-4 months later I finally get my new shiney 360. Amazing! Games worked straight away, it wasn't tearing up disks anymore, no funny noises! You'd think I'd nearly gotten a different console. So, about 3-4 months ago, the same ****e started up again. At the moment I am at the kinda 1/2 way stage, between it working, and not working. I have to open + close the disk drive about 10 times, to get a game working, which I find incredibly frustrating, as my x-box is kept in a nice "out of the hands of children, and out of the reach of liquids" area. My advice is this, sort it yourself, don't wait on Microsoft. If you actually have a specific person you -can- contact within Microsoft, then go for it. Otherwise, you'll end up like me - waiting 4 months for a new one, ringing every couple of days and never getting a single answer on "when my x-box will be back". Get yourself a new X-BOX dvd drive off the net, and lob her in there, won't take you more than a week.

Advertisement