Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best value iPod Classics

• 05-07-2008 1:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭

Looking to buy an 80gb classic in a bricks and mortor shop over the weekend. ANywhere noticably cheaper than anywhere else?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

TBH, i'd be very surprised if you could find any shop at all that sell them at less than 230e.All i can say is that you buy in a shop that you know have no problems with returns.Ipods really are a hit n miss product.You could get a good one.You might not. I think currys and dixons are ok for returns

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

HMV have an offer on at the moment on ipods where you get a free charger and 6 free "socks". Value is about 58 euro.

Worth it for the charger probably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

thanks to adox I rang HMV Henry St yesterday and asked about their offer. The girl said yes that offer was in place and 'the iPod' was €189. I asked about an 80gb classic and she put me on hold for a while then came back and said that the offer had finished today. I said "today?, that's a bit weird, surely it would have finished yesterday if anything" No she said, it finished 20 minutes ago. I had to laugh at this and asked her if she was joking. She wasn't and said the boss had just rang to tell them to take down the graphics etc. I thanked her and hung up.

Walked up to Grafton St and they still had their graphics up, happy days I thought and I could see a batch of iPod socks there so knew they were still in stock. Went up to the tills and asked for an 80gb classic, no problem, asked him for the socks and charger and he told me there were out of them, they were only while stocks lasted. I said I seen a load of them over at the ipod display, so he went over and got me the socks but said the chargers were out of stock. I asked if I keep my reciept and come back in a few weeks can I pick one up then he said no again it was only while stocks lasted. This his mate said I could, it was no problem, come back in a few weeks.

Oh, and it was €229 so a bit cheaper than elsewhere.

Advertisement