Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

1200euro for winner

• 05-07-2008 2:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

tournament in tullamore irish national foresters 27july2008 20euro entry 1200 for the winner 500r-up 150semi 50quarter final. 100 highest checkout plus trophys. start 2pm sharp last entry 1pm 8boards plus 2practice boards venue open at 11am. contact colm 0879011598
    the format is first round best of 7legs of 501.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

EDIT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭califano

Surely advertising darting events can only be a good thing?.
    Perhaps he should have disclosed the full format of his event but other than that i cant see what he done wrong by posting this info here?.

In the poker forum event holders both independent and commercial are free to post details of their tournaments.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Yeah Rounders your right, ignore my drunken post! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 mackeysdarts501

there are a lot of viewing the tournament on this site but not a lot entering it infact no one has from this page. seems like its going to be easy money for aodghan o neill again this year

I wouldn't mind going to this but its my birthday that day so rules me out. Decent amount of prize money on offer so Im sure we will get plenty of entries closer to the day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 weeman009

as keen darts players a friend + i have tried ringing colms number but got no reply we re wondering how we can go about enterin this tournamet

Maybe sending him a text message with your details and ask him to get back to you.

i will not answer private numbers if phone rings out leave me a voicemail or text your entry to me

no problem. is the tournament open 2 every1 r do u have 2 b a member of the indo

the tournament is a memorial soeverybody is welcom to play in it if phil taylor himself paid his entry he can play in it too. although the 1200euro first prize is too small for a greedy man like him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 204 ✭✭TheAlmightyZeus

I would have tried to make it but unfortunately im out of the country on that date :(

is there many entries 4 the tournament

weeman you seem to have a lot of questions is your real name bob monkhouse or something. i have over 50entries so far. last year i only had 12 the day before the tournament and ended up with another 75 arriving on the day making it 87. the prize money is guaranteed even if only 2 turn up so be a man and enter stop asking stupid questions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

If you are going to take that attitude you wont get anyone on here to enter, maybe people on here don't live near there? I up in Donegal do you expect me to travel down? Did you consider it is also being held at a time a lot of people are on holidays?

I have run competitions for over 10 years and I would never come onto a message board and post something like that, in fact if I lived near you I would not bother going now after that statement!!

Also I put this up on the Irish Darts Forum for you as you sent a message to the www.donegaldarts.com website and there was no thanks for it!

I would advise you to delete the above post!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

i still have not recieved one single entry from this forum i have over 80names in the draw already. it seems like people on here just know how to talk about darts but cant throw them

I would venture a guess that if the tournament was closer to the majority of posters on the site then you would see quite a few names listed from the forums.

i still have not recieved one single entry from this forum i have over 80names in the draw already. it seems like people on here just know how to talk about darts but cant throw them

Seriously, that kind of attitude will get you no where. Why would someone want to enter a tournament run by someone who makes comments like this?

Less of the smart remarks or ill close this thread.

i have sent you an email two weeks ago thanking you for putting my tournament on donegaldarts.com. just want to say that people are travelling from kerry/cork/belfast and derry to play in it and im really looking forward to meeting them once again and meeting all the new participants

Fair enough if you sent me an e-mail I did not get it though.

i want to just take this opportunity to thank everybody who have entered the tournament via this board and am really looking forward to meeting all of you on the day. entrants can still be taken by phone or on the day up to 1pm. im writting this thank you now because i wont have time later as im really busy setting up outlay for the competition. i would also like to wish each participant the very best of luck on the day

the results of the rory mcevoy memorial are as follows.
    1/4finals- mick magowan beat stepen ganly 6-0. shane o connor beat pat keane 6-1
    aodhgan o neill beat connie finnan 6-4 brendan dolan beat john ward 6-2.
    semi-finals. mick magowan beat aodhgan o neill 7-1 b.dolan beat shane 7-3.
    brendan dolan from tyrone beat mick magowan in an excellent encounter 8-4.
    once again i would to thank everyone who turned up to play and watch.

• Advertisement

Well done a lot of big names from Irish darts there!! BTW Brendan is from Co. Fermanagh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

Would have expected Shane to do better, on recent form he is the best player on the island. Think he's gone PDC for a year too.

the tournament yesterday was unreal it was great 2 c some big names there a big well done 2 the organisers it was very well run. it was a great venue + i hope 2 play again next year + hopefully the entries will be higher again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭matty84

Did garreth gray enter this tournament??
    If so how did he get on??

other top players players of ireland who entered are felix mcbrearty/ anto mc cracken/ gareth gray/roy bailie/paul irvine/brian cathcart/mark cullen/damien o driscoll and john o shea.
    gareth lost 4-2 to john ward in the last 64.
    felix lost 4-2 to mick magowan in last 64.
    mark cullen lost 5-3 last 16.
    brian cathcart lost 5-1 to patrick keane last 16.
    roy bailie lost 5-1 to mick magowan last 16

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

Most of these are on the Dublin team?

i believe most of these are playing in colmchilles in swords in august too

Advertisement