Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Student Accounts

Options
  • 05-07-2008 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

Hi, basically I'm pulling out of Ulster Bank. They've been incompetent and unhelpful throughout my 10 years there. Even last year when I wanted to invest a respectable figure, the best savings account they offered me was an interest rate of .1%, they've messed up on my mail too, anyway, I wont get into the rest of it.

I'm looking for a current account and a savings/investment account now, preferably online. Please suggest accounts and why, Rabo, Halifax etc

regards,
    Plasticman

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

.1%

wait,wat?

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭plastic-man

oh sorry , i meant to say 1% , however im still positive that i can do alot better than this. any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

oh sorry , i meant to say 1% , however im still positive that i can do alot better than this. any ideas?

you can defo do better

dunno who to recommend, but try first active and credit union

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Don't know if you've seen the ads but BOI at the mo offer 8% gross on 18months fixed term deposits which works out at 5.26% p.a. You'd be hard pressed to find a better rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭plastic-man

thanks, that sounds pretty decent, il check it out

• Advertisement
Advertisement