Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Grant

• 05-07-2008 3:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi,
    I was just wondering how I would go about applying for the grant, as I had to repeat last year I didnt get the grant, do I have to reply all over again. My problem is that I am continuing my education in scotland next year and I would like to know how I go about getting the grant. I understand that a mature student is classified as over 21 in Scotland, but 23 over here, i'm 22.. do I classify as a mature student?
    Thanks for all your help,
    shane

Comments

Hi shane1986,

You should have to apply again, yes, but chances are your application will be processed 'easier' than others since you really just took a break from your grant due to the repeating of a year. If you contact the Council/VEC they should be able to sort you out.

As for mature students, I'm fairly sure the only definition they use here is over 23 on the 1st of January in the year they enter college, so I don't believe that you would be classed as that. Saying that, if mature students are over 21 in Scotland perhaps it might be worth investigating whether any support exists for mature students in Scotland?

Hope it goes well.

Dónal

Advertisement