Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

AUDI/BMW VRT

Options
  • 05-07-2008 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

I was in the income tax/revenue office in Dundalk yesterday, which is also the VRO for the area, while I was waiting I could hear people trying to pay there Vrt, all unsucessful!
    I know I sound like a nosey b*****d, but the office is quite small and it's impossible not to hear. Two applicants with audis and one with a bmw were told that they would have to wait, (up to 10 days) until the cars were checked for extras by Rosslare, one chap had a print out from the vrt calculator, which he said was an exact match for his car, he was told that it didn't matter, ALL audis and bmws had to have their details emailed to Rosslare to check for extras, before the vrt could be calculated.
    Maybe it's just the Dundalk VRO office, and there's being ultra carefull not to make any mistakes, just incase the new vrt calculator can't be fully relied on YET!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

It could be the VRO office's are now being instructed that every BMW/Audi has to be checked for extras so every last bit of VRT can be squeezed out of the owner. Espically since BMW's seems to be benifiting most from the VRT reductions.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I think the VRO have some sort of access to BMW/Audi records in Germany with regards the original specs of their cars including any factory extras that were fitted. I think they just need the chassis number of the vehicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭caze

I vrt'd a BMW in March with Tallaght VRT office. They sent VIN to Rosslare and I had to wait a week for them to come back before I could VRT it. The lady in tallaght told me that they do this for all Audi, BMW, Mercedes and Lexus less than 4 years. They get a list of every option on the car and you are charged vrt on them all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

This has always been the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭robbie99

When I was VRTing my new fully loaded BMW (July 2nd) in the Tallaght office I was told that all BMWs usually have their chassis numbers sent to Rosslare to calculate the VRT on the optional extras but Rosslare had instructed all the VRO offices that where the basic VRT was under €10k not to bother for the next two weeks. This saved me I reckon over €800 :D. Maybe their VRT was over the 10k mark?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭lynchie

bazz26 wrote: »
    I think the VRO have some sort of access to BMW/Audi records in Germany with regards the original specs of their cars including any factory extras that were fitted. I think they just need the chassis number of the vehicle.

At first, the VRO used to fax their requests to BMW Ireland to get a full detailed spec of the car. Staff were getting pissed off with doing the checks all the time, so the VRO were given access to their system so they can make the queries themselves now.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭ballinloughan

Is the VRT rate on any extras the same as the actual vrt rate - example new 520d with 16% vrt .. are the extras vrt'ed at 16%?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,106 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

JHMEG wrote: »
    This has always been the way.

really? must be only for a certain year onwards, i had no such trouble vrting a 02 m3, my mate did tho vrting a 06 320

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭BillyGoatGruff

When i was in the Galway office i saw a sign up on the wall on the staff side. It was addressed to the staff and said that BMW's specifically must be checked for extras.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

I'm thinking of importing an '04/'05 Audi A3 from England..besides the €3000-€3500 VRT I'll have to pay, will I have to pay for extra's that are on it?! (ie: metallic paint, sports seats, front armrest, front fogs, etc..) Anyone have any idea how much that could add to the price?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Is the VRT rate on any extras the same as the actual vrt rate - example new 520d with 16% vrt .. are the extras vrt'ed at 16%?
    Yes. But the 520d is very desirable in the UK so I'm not sure how much of a bargain it is to head across the pond. That and the fact that only 520ds built from September 07 are in 16% VRT, 520ds before that are in 24% for manuals and 28% for automatics.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭ballinloughan

I think the value is there. Can get a 2008 520d manual for 23K sterling: Call that 30K euro. Vrt comes in at 7K euro ... so 37K for 2008 (150 yearly tax) ... Thats good value ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 del1

Just got a figure for my 05 520D SE, I had to pay an extra 800 on top of what the VRT web site states and it took them 4 days to come back with a figure. I was talking to a woman in the VRT office that had to pay 1800 in extras on a 05 2 door diesel Mercedes, not sure of the exact model. My VRT was not over 10K so I don't think that the earlier comment is correct.

Advertisement