Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

1g outside lower band for VRT

Options
  • 05-07-2008 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi all,

Basically I,ve just imported a Golf GT TDI 170 for the UK and i'm about to pay the VRT. The problem is the emissions on the V5 says 156 g/km as does the SEI website, but the manufacturers spec in the documentation for the car says 155 g/km.

Can i use the lowest CO2 level when paying the VRT. It says on the Revenue website "Revenue will accept a range of documentation for this purpose".

But will they favour the V5 over the manufacturers spec etc?

If i can get it for the 155 calculation it will be €5,629 down from €7,110!!!

Now to be honest i don't really mind as the VRT cost has already come down from €9,600 pre-July so i'm winning the battle so far....:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

If you could get something to back up the 155g you might. All the evidence is suggesting it's 156g.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,436 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

villian02 wrote: »
    the manufacturers spec in the documentation for the car says 155 g/km

Exactly what documentation is this? The cars manual would probably not be accepted, but the "Certificate of Conformity" will be accepted

According to the SMMT (The Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders) who got their data directly from the manufacturers, the '06 and onwards Golf 2.0l GT TDI 170BHP has CO2 emissions of 158g/km.
    i'm winning the battle so far....:D

You might as well try and win the war too :D

Let us know how you're getting on

Edit: this will help you. It's the official list of what is accepted as proof. Pick your best value :D
    revenue.ie wrote:
    Revenue will accept a range of documentation for this purpose. Among the documents deemed satisfactory at present are:
    the Certificate of Conformity (if it is available),
    a printout from the Revenue ROS Enquiry System where the level of CO2 emissions is shown www.ros.ie
    evidence included on a previous registration document e.g. the UK V5,
    the level of CO2 emissions stated on a previous National Car Test performed elsewhere within the EU provided the CO2 stated is that given at the time of manufacture,
    A print out for the vehicle from the DVLA (Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency) web site, www.vehiclelicence.gov.uk
    A printout from the VCA (Vehicle Certification Agency) web site
    A printout from the SEI (Sustainable Energy Ireland) website
    A certificate from the manufacturer or main distributor stating the level of CO2 emissions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

• Registered Users Posts: 43 villian02

The booklet supplied in the glovebox states the 155 g/kg. I was aware before i bought it that it was very close to the lower band (around 156-160) but looking through the booklet it goes through all the engine ranges and said the 170 BHP was 155 g/km. So really it just caught my attention. So i might aswell try it...

Was thinking of an ECU remap ;)....i wonder would this bring down the emissions below the threshold and just get a cert to prove it....

• Registered Users Posts: 65,436 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

So i might aswell try it...

That won't work as it is not one of the range of accepted documents (see my post). Did you try all of the accepted documents to see would any of them be lower than 156g/km?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 villian02

bump

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭Celticfire

What's the bump for? :confused:

Advertisement