Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Time between theory test and getting licence

Options
  • 05-07-2008 4:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭

I know I'm being a bit optimistic in assuming I'll pass, but how long after you do the driver theory test do you get your provisional licence? Mightn't be able to do much with the government's new stance, but its a start anyway. Don't want to be waiting too long, especially if it doesn't go well and it would take ages to do again.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Mazletov

just noticed the learning to drive section. sorry. must move it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Get you learners permit straight after doing the theory test. Get some lessons...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

The government no longer issue provisional licenses. After completing your theory test you must apply for your learner permit. It usually takes just a couple of days to receive your learner permit.

Advertisement