Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ntl/upc in bray

Options
  • 05-07-2008 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

I put in my phone number in the upc site and it says that cable broadband is available in Bray. does anyone have it or is it just a mistake on the website. I have emailed upc but haven't gotten a reply yet.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Tried my house earlier and so did my friend and we both passed after failing a couple of weeks ago so I don't think its accurate. Its either just passing everyone to drum up some interest or maybe they are passing people in places that are scheduled to be upgraded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

Don't think Bray has BB from UPC. Lucan on the other hand should do.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

yeah i checked their site the other day and said everythin was available in newbridge so requested a call back and got an e mail sayin only phone was available, rang them the day after and was told i can get 20mb bb

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

DingDong wrote: »
    Don't think Bray has BB from UPC. Lucan on the other hand should do.
    Its only in certain parts of Lucan.

Rang them today and they said the BB checker said its available cause they are upgrading my exchange "within a month". Not convinced its actually going to happen in that time frame but I'm hopeful.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

cbr954 wrote: »
    I put in my phone number in the upc site and it says that cable broadband is available in Bray. does anyone have it or is it just a mistake on the website. I have emailed upc but haven't gotten a reply yet.
    ???

When I've looked recently, Bray doesn't even appear in the drop-down list when you select Wicklow as your county !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Alun wrote: »
    ???

When I've looked recently, Bray doesn't even appear in the drop-down list when you select Wicklow as your county !!!

Ditto. Been happy enough on 3mb DSL with UTV but when I read about the new UPC 20mb/1mb No Cap product for €40 I was straight onto the UPC website.

Bray isn't even on the drop down list as you say. Whats even more annoying is all the backwater Wicklow villages that are on the list. I guess this is payback for the likes of Bray getting cable TV 30 years before most of the rest of the county. We have 30 year old cable that doesn't support cable BB whereas the back water villages just hooked up recently got the new cable supporting all UPC services from the getgo. Heck, some of the Bray cable network doesn't even support the UPC Digital TV service! We'll be moving to late grandfathers old house near the seafront. IIRC a few years ago he lost Sky Sports because they were removing the premium channels from the analogue service and that area of Bray could not recieve the Digital so he was 'Sh1t outta luck'. Don't think things have changed since then. We'll probably have to get Sky installed in that house much as it pains us to pay that shower of #^$%^#$

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Calibos wrote: »
    Ditto. Been happy enough on 3mb DSL with UTV but when I read about the new UPC 20mb/1mb No Cap product for €40 I was straight onto the UPC website.

Bray isn't even on the drop down list as you say. Whats even more annoying is all the backwater Wicklow villages that are on the list. I guess this is payback for the likes of Bray getting cable TV 30 years before most of the rest of the county. We have 30 year old cable that doesn't support cable BB whereas the back water villages just hooked up recently got the new cable supporting all UPC services from the getgo. Heck, some of the Bray cable network doesn't even support the UPC Digital TV service! We'll be moving to late grandfathers old house near the seafront. IIRC a few years ago he lost Sky Sports because they were removing the premium channels from the analogue service and that area of Bray could not recieve the Digital so he was 'Sh1t outta luck'. Don't think things have changed since then. We'll probably have to get Sky installed in that house much as it pains us to pay that shower of #^$%^#$

Yup There is not NTL BB in Bray only goes as far as Louglinstown! there Anologue and Digital Service in Bray is appauling stems back to the Cable link days they just dont seem to be bothered putting in new infrastructure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭JasperKat

when you choose:
    County: Dublin
    City: County Dublin
    Locality: Bray
    Then put in your phone number; click Check & it'll tell you what services you can get...

I did it for a friend's phone # & it said he could get all 3 services so he was going to ring them & check - don't know if he did or not - I'll find out & post back.

Jasper

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭azzeretti

JasperKat wrote: »
    when you choose:
    Then put in your phone number; click Check & it'll tell you what services you can get...

I did it for a friend's phone # & it said he could get all 3 services so he was going to ring them & check - don't know if he did or not - I'll find out & post back.

Jasper

Just tried it with a phone number of 12345678 and it said I could get all 3 services.....sales ploy me thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

azzeretti wrote: »
    Just tried it with a phone number of 12345678 and it said I could get all 3 services.....sales ploy me thinks.
    Or at least a bug in the software ...
    JasperKat wrote:
    when you choose:
    But I'm not in the Co. Dublin bit of Bray, I'm in the Co. Wicklow bit. Plus, as azzeretti points out, you can put in any old phone number and it'll return the same result.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 taoiseachjoe

Hi,

I called UPC today and asked them was my area (Glenwood, off the Herbert Road) suitable for broadband and they said NO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

Not bray but dundrum - the number checked said broadband was available in my area and I was very excited. But when I rang them up they said it wasnt and I was very dissapointed. My sad story :(

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭cbr954

A friend, who lives in Kilmacud, got phone call from UPC. He is getting their broadband next week. UPC had laid new cable in the area. I would love to know if / when they will get to bray. I had eircom 7mb for a month but the speed in the evening was ridiculous, 600kb!! I dropped back to the 3mb connection.

Advertisement