Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help!!!

Options
  • 05-07-2008 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

had to go anonymous for this,
    I have just started a new job in the last couple of weeks. The first week or so was fine but then last week a girl who is working in the same role as me started pointing out flaws in my work. Literally the whole day was her correcting me for 8 hours practically on a loop.
    Obviously because im new I dont expect to be perfect at everything and I am doing my best. but its like no matter what i do is not good enough. I wouldnt mind her pointing out mistakes if she did it in a nice way but she is very moody and seems to have singled me out for some reason. Two other girls started working there at the same time as me and she has left them alone.
    the more she criticizes me the more mistakes i make and the more she has to give out about. its a vicious circle.At first i thought maybe i was just being a bit over- sensitive but now i feel like she has a problem with me and is doing it to put me down to assert her own power and to undermine my confidence. She is not senior to me- she has just worked there a bit longer in the same role as me so i dont think she really has the authority to behave this way. I even heard her on the phone to our boss giving out about my mistakes- right in front of me! The other girls there are lovely. Im wondering if this person has caused problems there before as well because i remember in my interview the boss asked me how i would deal with someone i worked with who was being difficult. perhaps this is just coincidental. I dont want to leave because of her. another girl said to me today that it was tough at the beginning and that the pressure eases off after you've been there a while. still i dont think the way she is treating me is appropriate. any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭rhapsody

I agree that its probably not you being over sensitive, but wanted to mention my vaguely similar experience. A new girl has started where I work, and like you we will eventually be doing the exact same stuff. At this stage though I've been here longer and do have to point out mistakes etc. I feel strange doing this, and she got quite upset once- I think I was coming across as annoyed maybe, but really I felt awkward. Just wanted to share, maybe she's feeling the same as me, or was at the start.
    How long exactly has it been going on? Has she been sent to test you?! :)

Advertisement