Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What older, cheaper car do you replace a 335 with?

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭WHITE_P

unkel wrote: »
    Ah well, that completely proves your point then :p

Mea maxima culpa - not. Take it to feedback if you have issues with my moderation. TBH.

Well yes it does actually.

Why would I be bothered. It's not like I really care what you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

White P ...are you done stirring now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭WHITE_P

peasant wrote: »
    White P ...are you done stirring now?

Wasn't stirring in the first place. Just don't like ignorance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭MarkN

pburns wrote: »
    MarkN - do any of your family, girlfriend, close friends ever comment on your car-buying habits?

Yep, they all think I'm mad. But how many of you typing here go to the pub twice a week? Cause I don't. How many of you smoke? Cause I don't.

Don - I've seen that car, it's a lovely spec but unless the seller was going to come down to the grey one I wouldn't be interested. Yes it's got sat nav, so does my 335, unfortunately I can't charge someone the 4k idrive with nav costs when it comes to selling but I'd rather the one you put in your post, prefer the wheels too.

I want to go away and think about it though, I'm not paying more per month for whatever I buy than what a new GTI would cost me, that's my limit.

Anyone know what the 2.7 engine is like on fuel - I'm just comparing my own which is about 240 miles to a tank. Not hugely bothered but just interested to know what the less power equates into petrol costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Homer

Anyone know what the 2.7 engine is like on fuel - I'm just comparing my own which is about 240 miles to a tank. Not hugely bothered but just interested to know what the less power equates into petrol costs.

Hi Mark,

Depending on how you drive it obviously :D but I'm getting on average over the last year (since the cost of petrol went up so much) 270 miles on a full tank.
    I'm guessing at this stage you have taken either the boxster or the "S" for a spin and you are happy with the performance/handling?
    Mine is the 2.7 and my next change is going to be to the "S" but want to take one for a drive to see the difference?

Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭TomMc

This thread ..............

Every 6 months or so someone repeatedly canvasses the opinions of the Boards.ie (like a national debate) on their next car. On a marque specific enthusiasts forum, I can understand, but on a more generic motoring one - well it's all a bit vain methinks. Especially when it starts talking about poncy car specs, financial equity, work - quality of life and all that. Attention seeking or what.

Looking for approval or having other insecurities, needing a new or different car twice a year to feel good about oneself, is not a good sign. Trying to compensate for shortcomings, well the fix only lasts in the short term. A palliative not the cure. Because it requires a bigger fix next time out and it's a never ending spiral. A desire satisfied is a desire increased.

"Know thyself" and "the truth shall set you free".

So I'd say if a particular car results in living too close to a persons means, then sell and buy something less of a burden itself. A real car enthusiast should be well capable of having a long term relationship with any good car. Regardless of age or whether its interior has a sense of occasion or not. Otherwise it suggests it is been bought more for its D4 image, than ability i.e. costume jewellery.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭mcauley

This is all getting fierce catty.

Boards is all about opinions. Just give your opinion - personal comments and begrudgery should be left outside. Keep the discussion to cars. Its a Motors forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Homer

Tom,

Of all the emotions humans show, jealousy is one of the most common and unsettling. It tends to bring out the worst in us, even though most of us should know better. Your post contributes zero to this thread but to show you up as envious of Mark for some strange reason considering you know very little about him or his circumstances (other than what you've read in this thread).
    Looking for approval and having "insecurities"??
    There are many ways I'd like to respond to that tripe but fear I'd get an infraction at the least :mad:
    Read the original question Mark asked and think next time before you hit reply maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Right ...IMO this is going too far in the wrong direction.

I'm calling an end to this.

@MarkN
    If you really want to discuss your personal life, your beliefs and your values in detail and in public ...PM me and I will re-open this mess.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement