Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oooh la la Paris. .

• 05-07-2008 7:07pm
    Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

going to Paris on thursday. Now I'm going with a lot of family and we are staying in Disneyland. But I'm sharing a room with my mum, and she's not into the whole park thing so I was telling her we would go into Paris and do all the sightseeing things. So I have just a few little questions. . .

anyone know how far it is to the City Centre from Disney and the best ways to get there??

Any recommendation of things to see other than the Eiffel Tower, River Seine, Champs D'ellise(sp), Notré Dame, Ark D'Triumph, The Louvre.

Any info is greatly appreciated!! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Ashlynn

Hi ChewChew,
    i stayed in Disneyland Paris about 5 yrs ago & Paris a few months ago i have to say it was brilliant, definetly go around the park & i would reccommend a visit 2 buffalo Bill's in the evening they put on a show & give you your grub in a frying pan with corn bread an all very western. The easiest way to get to Paris is use the metro which is in the Disneyland Park not sure how long it takes. You have mentioned all the main sites can't think of any other one's off hand but your hotel reception area will be full of leaflets to give you ideas of where to go. If you are going 2 a few of the main sites it would be worth your while to buy a multi ticket it gets you in 2 loads of sites about 60 i think well worth the money you would end up spending as much just paying on the way in to about 5 sites. Also make sure you go for an evening diner on Des Champs Elysees expensive but well worth it it is a once in a lifetime experience, they also do Chicago Shows on Champs Elysees with dinner & the whole lot we were raging they were booked up when we wanted to go (couldn't go the following day as we were flying home) so book it if you want to do it don't leave it till the last minute like we did. Enjoy your hols & most importantly wear comfy shoes we must have walked the length & breath of Paris while we were there. :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Nickibaby*

I was in Disneyland earlier this year and they run tours into Paris which is a really easy way to get around and you put on earphones which tells you all about the City in english. On the tour we went on they let the group out so we could go up the Eiffel Tower and have lunch. You can choose different options for tours depending on how long you want to spend in Paris. I'd highly recommend you take the City of Lights tour which takes place in the evening so you wouldn't be missing any time in the park anyway - it's so beautiful :) . All the tours go from hotel New York there will be info about the tours in brochures in your hotel room anyway.

Also I really wanted to go for a cruise on the Seine but we ran out of time there is so much to do it might be nice if you have time.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

ChewChew wrote: »
    Hi guys,

going to Paris on thursday. Now I'm going with a lot of family and we are staying in Disneyland. But I'm sharing a room with my mum, and she's not into the whole park thing so I was telling her we would go into Paris and do all the sightseeing things. So I have just a few little questions. . .

anyone know how far it is to the City Centre from Disney and the best ways to get there??

Any recommendation of things to see other than the Eiffel Tower, River Seine, Champs D'ellise(sp), Notré Dame, Ark D'Triumph, The Louvre.

Any info is greatly appreciated!! :D
    Just back from paris, you will need a few days to do the things you mentioned, the louvre alone! Was 4 hours in tehre before we just had to go. So much to see!

Just walk around in general, I love the parks and little streets. The boat around the seine shows all the sights.
    Try the moulin rouge too. ;)

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Thanx a mill for the info guys!! Heading away on Thursday. I've already been in Paris. Was there 8 years ago, but I was only 17 and went with the school so I'm looking forward to seeing Paris from an adult eye. lol.

The Louvre I am really looking forward to getting free reign of because I studied art history so that's going to be huge.

Unfortunately we are staying in Disney, I'd rather be more central but you gotta do what they kids want eh? :rolleyes:

Tar. . will definitly check out the Moulin Rouge. . I might even bring some wedges with me in case I peckish!! harharhar :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

Chew, I second what Tar said, defo try see the Moulin Rouge if you can - absolutely fantastic.

Hope you get lots of rides, sorry go on lots of rides too :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement