Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First tattoo

Options
  • 05-07-2008 7:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭

What made you all get your first tattoo? I've been considering getting one for ages, but still haven't gone through with it.
    I've been thinking about getting a small enough tattoo on either my calf or thigh, I wouldn't want it on show all the time hence not on my arms or neck etc...!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

For me a tattoo has to mean something personal to you. That way you won't get bored with it.

I got my first tatt 3 weeks ago. Wanted one for years but I only realized what I wanted recently

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

there was a small, simple design i've been drawing *everywhere* since i was about 11. when i was in and around 12, i decided that when i was 18, i was gonna get it inked on my left wrist, and i did. all my tattoos have some meaning for me... whether they just symbolise a turning point type thing in my life, or just a part of me that will always be there. some, the design came before i had decided it should be a tattoo, others, i had decided i wanted the tattoo to symbolise something, but i just couldnt figure out what the design should be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

If i do go through with it and get a tattoo, it will be of something that means a lot to me, and i'm fairly sure I have picked out what I want. I just don't know if i'm brave enough to go through with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

BrynW wrote: »
    If i do go through with it and get a tattoo, it will be of something that means a lot to me, and i'm fairly sure I have picked out what I want. I just don't know if i'm brave enough to go through with it!

If you really want it and have decided on a design that really means something I would just make the appointment, you wont be disappointed.

I have one tatt and have no plans to get any more but you never know what situations can arise..

I would recommend the place in Stephens Green Shopping Center on the top floors. Clean shop with friendly artists and a nice atmosphere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Captain Ginger

Well I tend to be a very artsy type of person so a while ago I decided I was going to get the top half of my left arm done with characters and logos from stories that had a huge impact on me.

So I have at the top a meteor from a game called Final Fantasy 7 which had a great story, then the next part is a women along side or sitting on it (currently working on positioning) from a really nice Japanese love story, the whole thing is compiled of things like that.

A bit silly but each to their own :)

I won't lie, I was worried that I might one day regret it when I got my first one, but at the end of the day life is all about doing things, and at the very least I'll always have something to remind me of some great stories as I grow old that perhaps one day I can tell my children or grand children :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

my first one was a little flower I've been drawing everywhere since I was ten, it's etched on a few school desks I'd say, so then thought it finally time to get drawn on my for good.

all my tatts (yeah all three! :p) mean summit to me, or are some "part" of me personality wise or summit like that, as will the ones I'm getting

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Lady

Long time stalker, First time poster [hai Willburt :P]

On topic of first tattoo, just wondering if anyone has ever got anything done in Toronto? I'm heading there next week and thinking if I see somewhere decent I may bite the bullet.

Cheers folks :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

I will go poke about, Canada is one of the best places... toronto, i will get back to ya soon!
    oh and HAI2U

Advertisement