Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.ie domain registration, a couple of general questions

Options
  • 05-07-2008 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

I'm looking to buy a .ie domain that according to what I've read on www.iedr.ie will fall under the "Discretionary Name" category.
    Does anyone have any experience of setting up a "Discretionary Name" .ie domain - what was the extra paperwork involved like? Did your hosting provider do the paperwork or help you out with it? Was there any other fuss made about the name? I would hope also to eventually attract advertising advertising on it aswell. Since I'm not a registered company, how does it work in terms of declaring to the revenue if businesses advertise on your site. Is it possible to change the status of ownership of a domain from "Natural Person" to "Body Corporate" if you set up a company later?

Would it be simpler just to register a business under the same name then buy the domain as a corporate body? How long does it take to get all the relevant papers back from the CRO if I register the company online?

Thanks in advance folks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

The simplest way to get it would be to register a business name which will cost you about 20 euro.

See http://www.cro.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭R3al

You don't have to be a business to register an ie domain but it is probably the easiest way to get one, it depends on the type of venture that you are undertaking for instance IEDR might accept items such as a copy of an invoice, advertising flyers, a signed letter from your bank manager/accountant/solicitor on headed paper, VAT cert etc depending on which category you are applying under - Your best bet is to look for advice from one of the many companies that register .ie domain names in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭kmoon

thanks folks

Advertisement