Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Points Predictions?

Options
  • 05-07-2008 10:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭

Hey mods, sorry if this is the wrong forum but anyway! :)

I did my LC in '06, course wasn't for me, left, took a year out and reapplied this year 2008.
    I recieved an early round offer of a course in the post yesterday, however it isn't my first choice of course. From what I gather from CAO because it's not my first choice I can accept it and wait for the next three rounds to be offered and if I then get offered my first choice I can take it.

And so I come to the actualy point of this post, sorry, my first choice of course had points requirements of 435-460, and I have exactly 435, the course has jumped slightly in points in the past few years but over all has come down a lot, so I'm just wondering if anyone knows of any of the predictions on points this year, whether they'll rise or fall?

thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

This thread may have some answers : http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055324558 but from what I remember it was pretty vague and useless. Ah well, sure there ya go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

no didn't help at all lol, just turned into a debate on the points system but it seems they think them to either fall or stay steady...
    thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Kidd-o

it'll depend on the course le rack, i rang my old careers teacher and he just said it depends, seemingly science will stay about the same, comrice for a rise and arts same same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

yeah, know it all depends on the course, member keeping a close eye on it all my first time round but this time never thought of it, just applied and left it at that!

Advertisement