Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help needed with bday prezzie for 1 yr old

Options
  • 05-07-2008 10:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭

I posted this earlier in the gift thread but didn't get any reply, so i might get more help here.

I need a little bit of help and advice regarding a birthday gift for a one year old. aby is a very special baby - was born with a phisical disabilty.

I don't know what to get baby for a present.

Baby is behind a bit in development so i should i get a toy that would help with development.
    Or should i get something personilied for baby to keep for years to come but wouldn't get any use or enjoyment from it yet.

Can anyone recommend websites for me to visit for buying toys. I've checked out ELC, and mimitoys.ie but can't find anything suitable.

All help greatly received.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

You could try pride and joy http://www.prideandjoy.ie/toys.htm based in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

Im sure she has lots/will get plenty of toys..what about a bottle of champers and a nice note saying to be kept til her 18th?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

I guess it would depend on the childs disability, but generally for that age the louder, the brighter the better. Parents might not be too keen though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭di11on

Definitely agree that loud and/or bright is the way to go, if our little one is anything to go by!

What about an age suitable cuddly toy? Kids can get really attached to them... they can also ignore them - pretty hit and miss I suppose :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Bath toys are great for that age too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭bored and tired

if the child has developmental problems, than her parents might appreciate something sensory for her room.
    argos do a fairy light tube, lava lamps, or a motion lamp,

i dont know where you would get them, but you can get water tubes with lights in the centre and fish floating in the water with bubbles that make the fish move up and down the tube. great for audio and visual stimulation.

Argos also do a fisher price building blocks crawl through toy, it is for 18mths+ but could be bought now to be put away for few months if you wanted to get a toy that she could play with over winter months,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

Mamas and Papas do some love colourful well designed toys. ELC also do kiddie instruments that i think are great for developement. My girl has a baby grand piano from there which looks fab and cost about 60-70 euro. It plays its own songs as well as allowing her play herself and over the few months she's used it i've seen a good change in how she can manage it. Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭darling.x

i've found several toys and books over the internet that would be suitable for baby. There may be a problem. the brands names on the toys and books are not popular are available here in ireland according to all the googling i did.

Would ye as parents be happy if somebody were to produce a gift for your child/ren that was internet bought with unfamilar brand names.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭darling.x

sorry now that is supposed to say that there are not available here in ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭bored and tired

im delighted when anyone puts some thought into a present, as im sure your friends will be, it doesnt matter what name is on the toy, so long as the toy is suitable and can grow a bit with the child,
    (and my pet hate, requires the big batteries that cost a fortune and run out after 10 mins.)

• Advertisement
Advertisement