Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So it's a Saturday night and you're onlne. Why?

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 674 ✭✭✭gollyitsolly

Ok, now I need FOOD. Off to the night snack forum for some ideas...............Cheesychips maybe..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

Also, nothing beats a night in front of the telly with beers and some Robot Chicken!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Stupid assignments and my stupid not doing them.

"Procrastination is like masturbation, in the end, the only person you're fúcking is yourself."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭peachystarr

Chinafoot wrote: »
    "Procrastination is like masturbation, in the end, the only person you're fúcking is yourself."

Very true quote!

Advice get off this and go do some work!

G'Luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 674 ✭✭✭gollyitsolly

Chinafoot wrote: »
    Stupid assignments and my stupid not doing them.

Yeh, but its self love and comes straight from the heart:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭Damzilla

Yeh, but its self love and comes straight from the heart:D

I feel all warm inside now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

drunkish hungover bored can sleep too much red bull

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

drunkish hungover bored can sleep too much red bull

here ... have some of this :)

*passes some punctuation on a little tray*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

trout wrote: »
    here ... have some of this :)

*passes some punctuation on a little tray*

Cheers :p

Drunkish/hungover/bored/can't sleep - too much Red Bull.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Pourquoi? :)

I slept until 6, watched the end of the Wimbledon final and am now bored.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

Pourquoi? :)

I slept until 6, watched the end of the Wimbledon final and am now bored.

It all stems from my hate for bed bugs and when I found out they were reall:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Got in at 4.30 last night, and woke at about 2. :)

Pretty much just sat around the house all day today, played a little bass, thats about it. I should be doing other stuff now but i'm lazy. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

Dord wrote: »
    Got in at 4.30 last night, and woke at about 2. :)

Pretty much just sat around the house all day today, played a little bass, thats about it. I should be doing other stuff now but i'm lazy. :p

I love playin my guitar ,just love it :D

I love playin my guitar ,just love it :D

Its addictive, as is buying the bloody things. Theres a condition for it too, it's called G.A.S. (gear aquisition syndrome) ;)

I have a bass and have had it for ages, but I still can't play the bloody thing properly.

Problem, is, I am very impatient. If I can't get something right straight away, I usually give up. Also, any time I practice I get frustrated with little mistakes and lose heart a little. Haven't played it for ages tbh, but really wanna become better at it eventually.

Dord how long did it take you to learn?

I have a bass and have had it for ages, but I still can't play the bloody thing properly.

Problem, is, I am very impatient. If I can't get something right straight away, I usually give up. Also, any time I practice I get frustrated with little mistakes and lose heart a little. Haven't played it for ages tbh, but really wanna become better at it eventually.

6 years and I'm still learning, I'm sure I'd be still learning after 30. :D

It'd be good to get a teacher to help you. I started taking lessons last year after 5 odd years of teaching myself (badly). It's made a world of difference! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

I wasn't here lastnight coz I was drunk!

If it's any consolation - I did miss you guys!

awwwwwwwwwww....:o:D

I was the same way but If you love doing something
    or like the instrument you are playing , your time becuase time is not what its about ,It's about your enjoyment when you pick it up and just mess about with it .You'll get their eventually:)
    MizzLolly wrote: »
    I wasn't here lastnight coz I was drunk!

If it's any consolation - I did miss you guys!

awwwwwwwwwww....:o:D
    Miss ya too
    6 years and I'm still learning, I'm sure I'd be still learning after 30. :D

It'd be good to get a teacher to help you. I started taking lessons last year after 5 odd years of teaching myself (badly). It's made a world of difference! :)

I teach myself and I think Im doing pretty wll but if you are frustrated I would think it'd be a good Idea.

I was the same way but If you love doing something
    or like the instrument you are playing , your time becuase time is not what its about ,It's about your enjoyment when you pick it up and just mess about with it .You'll get their eventually:)

I teach myself and I think Im doing pretty wll but if you are frustrated I would think it'd be a good Idea.

A good thing to do is to get a guitar stand. Leave your instrument out of its case on the stand. It'll get you into the habit of picking it up and playing it more, even if its just for 5 minutes unplugged. I've come up with some cool basslines first thing in the morning from doing this. :)

• Advertisement

A good thing to do is to get a guitar stand. Leave your instrument out of its case. It'll get you into the habit of picking it up and playing it more, even if its just for 5 minutes unplugged. I've come up with some cool basslines first thing in the morning from doing this. :)

I leave it on the couch in my room cant sit down without playin it and luckily it's an acoustic:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

It's Sunday afternoon, just past 4PM OC time, and I'm online for fun, while I catch a few rays before the sun sets.

I leave it on the couch in my room cant sit down without playin it and luckily it's an acoustic:D

Good thinkin' batman! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

It's Sunday afternoon, just past 4PM OC time, and I'm online for fun, while I catch a few rays before the sun sets.

Noooooooo...............

Hide... Run.... Stay indoors online...

Do anything you can to avoid the cancer ball! :eek:

Good thinkin' batman! :pac:

Lol I love that sayin:D

GRRR... you've been warned about this kinda talk. :mad:

Ban please mods! :p

Advertisement