Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Do we have reputable Japanese car importers in Dublin/Co Dublin

Options
  • 06-07-2008 3:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi Guys!

I'm looking for a diesel MPV (7 seater) on limited budget (10K). All shows that the only choice is Japanese import. I have visited couple of garages so far and didn't feel much of a confidence in them.

Would you have any advice for me? Do we have people who do the import professionaly and care about the quality of the cars they sell? Or is it all just cowboys now.

Thanks a million for the feedbacks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Do it yourself! Works out cheaper. Thats what i'll be doing. Try http://www.IBCJapan.co.jp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

What type MPV are you looking at importing? Consider VW? Ford? Verso?

I recently imported a Honda Stream (7ish seats) for €9.5k from the UK. A 2003 with 33K miles, FSH and Honda reliability. Cheapest equivalent in a dealer was about €12k. Could the UK be an option for you?

Don't have a recommendation for an Jap dealer though (I've no experience)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭russki

jayok wrote: »
    What type MPV are you looking at importing? Consider VW? Ford? Verso?

I recently imported a Honda Stream (7ish seats) for €9.5k from the UK. A 2003 with 33K miles, FSH and Honda reliability. Cheapest equivalent in a dealer was about €12k. Could the UK be an option for you?

I'd imagine you have paid something like €2-2,5K of VRT on top of €9,5. Right?

No, UK wouldn't be my option to be honest with you. Japanese built cars seem to have more features and that would make the import from Japan more interesting.

I need 7 full seats. Was looking at Toyota Estima diesel '99. Very good bus. Just what I need.

Waiting to get the auction papers to check the mileage and rating in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,318 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Have a look at http://www.japanesevehicles.com/index.php?lang=en No idea what kind of reputation they have - you could google. They have a good selection.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

russki wrote: »
    I'd imagine you have paid something like €2-2,5K of VRT on top of €9,5. Right?

No, UK wouldn't be my option to be honest with you. Japanese built cars seem to have more features and that would make the import from Japan more interesting.

I need 7 full seats. Was looking at Toyota Estima diesel '99. Very good bus. Just what I need.

Nope it's was €6,141 to buy, along with €3,015K VRT and say €300 expenses to travel. Total €9,500. Sterling is quite weak and that helps.

True re the Jap Import cars, you'll get a lot more toys.

• Advertisement
Advertisement