Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More MVNOs to Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,254 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

This post has been deleted.

I know exactly what you meant no worries your not soundling like an ah;)

I do pimp them a little bit (and 02) but there's a lot pimping meteor which I can't understand....

customer service is complete ****e i'll give op that...I wanted to fly to india yesterday just so I could personally deliver a haymaker to one of them...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

have you met walkman?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Jesus lads, leave me out of it. :D Drunkmonkey take the heat boy.

• Advertisement

they couldn't afford me.....hate to say it but "if you pay peanuts you get monkeys"....I really should change my name...:D

According to most here i already do work for them :rolleyes:

Eircom have also launched Eircom Mobile ( http://business.eircom.net/mobile/priceplans/businessplus/ ), where does that fit in? Business arm of Meteor? Would it not make more sense just to have Meteor Business? Or is the company going to split...

I personally think it's because business types would see Meteor as a network for kids so by using a different name for the business section it "masks" that image.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

have you met walkman?:D
    Haha good one Drunkmonkey!:D

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    Haha good one Drunkmonkey!:D

Ha ha says mr. I love vodafon3, do i not recall you im another thread complaining because others were giving out about how expensive vodafone are:rolleyes:

Ya and I still get PM asking do I really work for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭ProjectC

Imagine are set to be an mnvo.

have a friend whoes working for them and there sorting out what carrier they wud prefer etc..still early stages but once thats done they hope to be on for laTE 2009.

as he said" whenw e launch well kick meteors arse big time"

as a side point 7% in 3 years ..that remindes me of meteor for there first 3 years...and look at them now..flying..hitting the 1millinoth mark.:rolleyes:

Walkman wrote: »
    Ha ha says mr. I love vodafon3, do i not recall you im another thread complaining because others were giving out about how expensive vodafone are:rolleyes:
    You would, I dont mind three for bill phone but its the broadband that bugs the hell out of me! its so bad... I've lost my confidence in nearly all the networks though, my vodafone phone was down last week and all i got was" here in drogheda the weather is bad, thats why your messages arent sending" even though I had clear skies in Offaly. I lost faith in 02 years ago, meteor is an OK for me, half thinking of Three for mobile though as I dont hear people complaining of their phone going down only their Broadband:) Might join you:eek::D

Dont compare their phones to the broadband. Even i returned the broadband cause it was rubbish, but their phones are a different story altogether. Only ever had a major outage once since they launched here. Which was rectified within 2 hours. I also remember being in Galway about 4yrs ago could not make or receive calls. Called CC and was told it was cause of the heavy rain and that too was with vodafone noone:confused::confused:

Walkman wrote: »
    Dont compare their phones to the broadband. Even i returned the broadband cause it was rubbish, but their phones are a different story altogether. Only ever had a major outage once since they launched here. Which was rectified within 2 hours. I also remember being in Galway about 4yrs ago could not make or receive calls. Called CC and was told it was cause of the heavy rain and that too was with vodafone noone:confused::confused:
    I was very annoyed when they spun me the rain as I knew enough to know it wasnt the rain! I think there is too many people on vodafone in the cell in my area, Almost all of my customers are on vodafone-despite selling all networks and the cell is shared for broadband and one of the other networks- wonder which one that is hummm! ha but I havnt heard of people really having problems with 3- my guess is that there isnt alot of people on three in my area anyway so I might take the leap:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

As for the big three, I would be surprised if 3 has more subscribers in total than the O2 Group. Very surprised, in fact.

3 has its faults for sure, primarily around customer service, but a lot of their stuff works pretty well and they've certainly offered me significant savings and innovative products. If you can avail of 3 As Home, it's an awesome roaming service and it works for the broadband too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Meteor do have a business arm too, I'm not sure why they have a separate business arm under Eircom though the Eircom one seems to be for small companies.

BT are starting to sell O2 telephony, I would think it's not long until they are an MVNO. The mobile is only for the business market at the minute but we'll see what happens.

When I said "three have to take MVNOs" there were 4 3G licenses issued, 3 got the biggest (spectrum) one and part of the agreement for that was they had to take MVNO's. I'm sure Comreg will enforce this any day now... :rolleyes:

There is no way 3 have more subscribers than O2. O2 are part of Telefonica who are huge, far larger than 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭slegs

Eircom have also launched Eircom Mobile ( http://business.eircom.net/mobile/priceplans/businessplus/ ), where does that fit in? Business arm of Meteor? Would it not make more sense just to have Meteor Business? Or is the company going to split...

Meteor have far less credibility in business circles than Eircom. Eircom do business with most of the major companies in Ireland already. To be able to offer a business focussed mobile element to their package is a big addition.

• Advertisement

I've my landline & internet with Eircom and I find them abominal, There support is crap, tying to get through to someone is a job in itself (don't get me started on that automated ansering service of theirs) and there expensive. I'd consider meteor for business but no way would I touch eircom for my mobile (currently with 3 for business which i'm very happy with it and there business support is very good)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Blaster99 wrote: »
    As for the big three, I would be surprised if 3 has more subscribers in total than the O2 Group. Very surprised, in fact.

3 has its faults for sure, primarily around customer service, but a lot of their stuff works pretty well and they've certainly offered me significant savings and innovative products. If you can avail of 3 As Home, it's an awesome roaming service and it works for the broadband too.

Is it not Telefonica rather than O2? I would have thought Orange (Or france Telecom) were bigger than 3 as well.

I've my landline & internet with Eircom and I find them abominal, There support is crap, tying to get through to someone is a job in itself (don't get me started on that automated ansering service of theirs) and there expensive. I'd consider meteor for business but no way would I touch eircom for my mobile (currently with 3 for business which i'm very happy with it and there business support is very good)

I wasnt commenting on whether they provide a good service or not but it is a fact that they are a very big player in the business market as opposed to Meteor.

Have you got a business relationship with Eircom or are you a Joe Soap consumer?

Is it not Telefonica rather than O2? I would have thought Orange (Or france Telecom) were bigger than 3 as well.

Telefonica (including O2) is the 3rd largest operator in the world by subscriber after China Telecom and Vodafone. 3 wouldnt even register in the top 10 of this list.

slegs wrote: »

Have you got a business relationship with Eircom or are you a Joe Soap consumer?

9 lines which will be going to BT very shortly (8mb BB in the next few weeks)...bad and all as bt are (I have the at home) I won't have to put up with that stupid answering machine and there african support....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

slegs wrote: »
    Telefonica (including O2) is the 3rd largest operator in the world by subscriber after China Telecom and Vodafone. 3 wouldnt even register in the top 10 of this list.

Oh yeah, forgot about China Telecom. They have something like 1 billion customers.

I think Vodafone own about 3% of them, which gives Vodafone a few million extra "Virtual" customers.

China has a populaton of 1.3 Billon only 45% of them have moble phones and China Moble has them all - 600 millon subscribers....

India has a populaton of 1.1 Billon only 20% of them have mobles...just under 300 million subscribers....

Plenty of money to be made out there yet lads;)

I think if means 3 are the largest 3g network worldwide with the most 3g customers (which is true). Also take into account the 2g networks in Hong Kong, Israel and New Zealand (all not branded as 3 yet but will be, except for Hong Kong which has a 2g and 3g network branded as 3) and the launch last year of 3 Indonesia gives them a very large customer base.

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    I was very annoyed when they spun me the rain as I knew enough to know it wasnt the rain! I think there is too many people on vodafone in the cell in my area, Almost all of my customers are on vodafone-despite selling all networks and the cell is shared for broadband and one of the other networks- wonder which one that is hummm!
    Networks only share masts. So if the mast had more than one network on it each network will have their own transmitters, unless of course it was a roaming agreement between say voda and three or meteor. If its not roaming than each network operates independently of each other

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

O2 is a separate business unit within Telefonica so I think it's reasonable to treat O2 separately.

Advertisement