Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Series 5 (and specials) Wislist

• 06-07-2008 12:58pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭

So go on then, the dust has settled & another season is over. We know will head into 2009 with only be a handful of special episodes to look forward to, before getting back to a regular season in 2010. What would people really like to see (or not see) in the future?

For me:

More Davros: He was wasted in the finale to be honest. What we saw was great stuff & really hearkened back to the old days of Michael Wisher. Davros is a strong enough character that he doesn't necessarily need the daleks with him (see the "Big Finish" audio plays for proof) so I think we should see him again.

More UNIT: I must admit, seeing them back in action as a force of authority in the Sontaran episodes made for a good parallel with the Doctor. There's a good source of both tension and conflict as UNIT / The Doctor could come to disagreement on each others methods and priorities.

More Sarah Jane: Of all the companions from the new series (coupled with the old in her case) to return, Sarah Jane was the one to equip herself the best to the situation while at the same time having the rounded character and acting chops to carry it off. She has a history, indepedence of thought & a bit of steel. Bring her son along for the ride too, although super boy-genius with no social skills does remind one somewhat of Adric!

No more Earth-bound finales: Ok, this year it was & wasn't Earth-bound. So far though, ALL the finales have been set on Earth which is getting a bit boring!

No more Captain Jack: Seriously folks. The character is a lecherous smart-arse and Barrowman can't act at all.

Better plot resolution / writing: Although Series4 eventually redeemed itself in my eyes, a lot of the series was sloppy & had some lazy / uninspired writing. This culminated in some terrible "with one bound they were free" resolutions. The sontaran episode really takes the award for this criticism. Methinks this will be potentially resolved by the Moff.

Any more?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Its been somewhat confirmed that we will see
    The Master
    The Sea Devils
    and some other old enemies in the specials

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,276 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

More new original enemies - the aliens in blink spring to mind as one of the better new additions. Using the same ones over and over becomes boring.

More 2/3 parters - give the authors a chance to expand on things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,043 ✭✭✭✭Stark

pixelburp wrote:
    No more Earth-bound finales: Ok, this year it was & wasn't Earth-bound. So far though, ALL the finales have been set on Earth which is getting a bit boring!

"The Parting of the ways" wasn't set on Earth.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Stark wrote: »
    "The Parting of the ways" wasn't set on Earth.
    Ah gerr'off; it was set on a space station orbiting Earth - same difference :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

I Like Jack, I think he's one of the more intersstin characters.

I too would like to see some more interstin new baddies and some more 2-3 parters for story development.

maybe a few companions as well rather than re hashing the single female will he wont he are they in love storyline over and over again

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,085 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I Like Jack, I think he's one of the more intersstin characters.

I'm inclined to agree, while Barrowman hams it up a bit I think it works for the character.
    maybe a few companions as well rather than re hashing the single female will he wont he are they in love storyline over and over again

Definitely would like to see more of a group dynamic; just look at those scenes at the end of the finale. Even back in Eccleston's season, it peaked in the episode where you had Rose, Mickey and Sarah Jane (and K9 I suppose) all coming together because the group dynamic was interesting and there was a lot of banter going around. It's pretty obvious the Doctor is happy not getting his hole, so let's leave the subject alone :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Bring back Sally Sparrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Kroton

i'd like to see our universes cybermen again at some point, or at least know what happened to them.

Loved John Simm's Master and would like to see him again.

But on the whole i'd like to see new things. the past is great but lets not get too bogged down in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Ziggy_1972

I don't think they'll do this, but I would love to see a story on the Time War, perhaps starring Paul McGann, with a death scene at the end and a cameo of Christopher.
    I'd love to see the story of how he met River Song. This would HAVE to be a David Tennant story, as she would have noticed if he'd had a different body. They could use make-up to age DT about 15 years or so. Last year they said that he was 903, they could mention now that he's 950 maybe.
    At some stage they'll have to bring back the Timelords, who aren't dead, but sealed in time somewhere (somewhen?). When they do, I'd like to know more about The Doctors family, we know that he had a granddaughter, an unearthly child who went by the name of Susan Foreman. He could perhaps have a son, maybe played by Tom Baker for that family resemblance, ha-ha. I don't think they should do an episode with several Doctors, as that hasn't really worked in the past.
    I'd like to see the return of Jenny, either in Doctor Who or Torchwood.
    If The Master returns, would he have his own TARDIS, and is it still shapen like a greek pillar?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

Could we have an Alien as a companion possibly ooh and yes learn more about the timelords and there home world. a new ultimate evil would be nice only soo many times you can fight the Darlicks. Maybe find out about the Dr. Copperpot Foundation the name is buzzing in my head like the annoying broken motor on my computer. I'd like to see if Jenny regenerates or just comes back to life like Cpt Jack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

trishw78 wrote: »
    Maybe find out about the Dr. Copperpot Foundation

Nothing RTD mentions casually is casual. They'll be back.

Advertisement