Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prairie Dogs

Options
  • 06-07-2008 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi all,

I keep a few Exotic pets such as Chinchillas and sugar gliders which are spoilt rotten by the way, but my latest pets are a little harder to get tit bits of info on as I have aquired 2 Prairie Dogs, Does anybody know anybody else that has any or might have some interesting info on them as even the petstore was completely useless in this area, dont get me wrong I did a lot of research on them before I got them home such as behaviour and of course diet but it would be great to hear from someone else that might have some and might be able to give me a few tips..

Cheers..:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭SCI

Hi all,

I keep a few Exotic pets such as Chinchillas and sugar gliders which are spoilt rotten by the way, but my latest pets are a little harder to get tit bits of info on as I have aquired 2 Prairie Dogs, Does anybody know anybody else that has any or might have some interesting info on them as even the petstore was completely useless in this area, dont get me wrong I did a lot of research on them before I got them home such as behaviour and of course diet but it would be great to hear from someone else that might have some and might be able to give me a few tips..

Cheers..:D

If you can travel try giving these people a shout

http://www.simonsrodents.co.uk/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Where did you get the praire dogs? are you sure they are not Richardson Ground Squirrels??

PD & RGS's need very little treats! In the wild they live in scrub lands so do not get a vast diet - too many treats create fat unhealthy animals. My guys get a small bowl of bird seed once a day & heaps of very tasty hay with herbs & flowers in them & the occasional bit of wheat too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Where did you get the praire dogs? are you sure they are not Richardson Ground Squirrels??

PD & RGS's need very little treats! In the wild they live in scrub lands so do not get a vast diet - too many treats create fat unhealthy animals. My guys get a small bowl of bird seed once a day & heaps of very tasty hay with herbs & flowers in them & the occasional bit of wheat too.

Advertisement