Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using Skype In with 3.

• 06-07-2008 1:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've managed to get Skype In with an 01 number to divert to my Meteor mobile. It costs about 20c per minute. It takes about 4 rings to connect. But it's too bad considering.

I'm wondering if it's possible to recieve calls on this number through a Skype enabled [3 Mobile] handset? as [in theory] it shouldn't cost me anything. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,254 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

subscribed

I was trying to do this before with fring and a 3 phone, Keeping a watchfull eye on your progress;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

The 3 skype client is stripped off skype in capability afaik. You cannot use it for incoming calls?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,254 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

is there any way of doing it with a cheap divert...from a perlico line or something....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Paulw0t

One method for doing this is the skype phone manager, http://code.google.com/p/skypephonemanager/

Its a pretty simple program when someone rings you it rings your skype account on your phone,

Delay isn't amazing especially on three which using phone call rather than data to transmit the call, however it does work out that you get free calls,

The only down side to this is you need to have skype running on a pc 24 / 7 or at least whenever you want to recieve the phone calls.

SkypeIn is disabled on 3 however you can install fring as long as you subscribe to the X-Series silver package, they don't allow it on other data packages.

Advertisement