Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Rock's new DVD

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

It does look disappointing I have to say. Is there an interview with The Rock on it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

Nope, there are no interviews whatsoever on it, which is the biggest problem i think. No talking heads, no Brooklyn Brawler, nothing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Some really dissappionting DVDs have been released recently namely Rocks, HHHs and Austins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭jeffk

rovert wrote: »
    Some really dissappionting DVDs have been released recently namely Rocks, HHHs and Austins.

I have seen the start of the austin and flicked through the first disc of rock and cash in does spring to mind.
    Neither men are or probably never will be active in Wwe again.So its not like they couldn't put them over and cover their respective careers without an agenda.

In both of the above mentioned cases i do know there where a few dvds released in the attitude area on both.But those dvds cant be bought in the mainstream now and surely shouldn't have been a factor in either dvds match selection.
    Plus this new talk match talk match etc format is brutal.I personally buy the dvds for a great documentary and then to have the matches on dvd when i feel like watching them again.

^^^ I agree. I think for pretty much any long-term fan, the best aspect of these releases,was having the guys talk, out of character, about the feuds, about their opponents, and about how they felt about different stages in their careers.

Am i right in thinking the Ric Flair dvd will be a big improvement..?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

jeffk wrote: »
    I have seen the start of the austin and flicked through the first disc of rock and cash in does spring to mind.
    Neither men are or probably never will be active in Wwe again.So its not like they couldn't put them over and cover their respective careers without an agenda.

Plus this new talk match talk match etc format is brutal.I personally buy the dvds for a great documentary and then to have the matches on dvd when i feel like watching them again.

The thing is, Austin, Rock and HHH already did DVD's with documentaries on them in 2002-2003. Austin has done several actually if you count the VHS releases. Rock's Just Bring It, had a documentary on it, and that was only released a few years back. Since 2001, Austin has had not one, but two documentary DVDs (What? and The Stone Cold Truth), and HHH is on his third DVD at this stage (with a documentary on his second one!).

Usually in these situations i'd be the first one to agree, But how many documentaries from one person do people want? If there were documentary DVDs coming out every year with the same guys, people would be screaming "rip off!"

And lastly, most people know what they're in for when they're buying it, silvervision lists the matches, most match listings are on the back. If there's a documentary, you'd know about it before you hand over your money.

Translation, if you see a sh*t sandwich on a menu, and then order it. You think anyone else is going to want to hear you complain about how it tastes like? :)

VR!

Am i right in thinking the Ric Flair dvd will be a big improvement..?

Funny you mentioned him, nobody complained about his first DVD set when there it was in the exact same format that people are bitching about now.

And for the record, the new Flair one will come with a documentary, and i personally, am psyched for it. :)

VR!

^^^ that's a fair point on the old flair one, and i was just thinking about that. It seems it was excused because it was an opportunity for most fans to get a bunch of matches they never saw before in any form.

I think though, the feeling is, that with Both The Rock, and Austin retired, and Flair and Bret's discs being such a sucess, the time was right to do definitive sets for both guys, which these clearly aren't.

I think though, the feeling is, that with Both The Rock, and Austin retired, and Flair and Bret's discs being such a sucess, the time was right to do definitive sets for both guys, which these clearly aren't.

Because Austin, Rock and HHH had a series of releases out in short space of time before WWE knew how to properly produce DVDs. Bret hadn't had a match compilation released on VHS or DVD (officially) from WWE since about 1994 or 1995 i think. Flair had been waiting to happen for years.

The rest had been done before.
    VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

The review for "Shark Sandwich" was merely a two word review which simply read "Shit Sandwich".

• Advertisement

And threadkiller durron strikes again :)
    VR!

Advertisement