Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fantasy Tour de France Scores

• 06-07-2008 1:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭

This is the Fantasy Tour de France 2008 Boards.ie League Scores

TDFDay1.jpg?imgmax=400

Day 1 - Top 20 scores ( I only got 24 ... )

Well done guys!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

stupid thing, not in the top twenty... boo urns :mad:
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭paddyb

im second but yesterday was my bonus stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭oobydooby

First:) But yesterday was my bonus stage too. I'm like one of those guys who sprints the 800m though:pac: (edit: athletics analogy!)

Haven't seen the end of today's stage though what with the best game of tennis ever on at the moment...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

TDFStage2.jpg?imgmax=512

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

my little fellas were a bit lazy yesterday :(

• Advertisement

I'm slowly getting there... Robbie Hunter is doing sterling work so far, as are High Road -only downside was Jurgen Van Den Broeck not starting, and me missing the deadline so I had to get Rik Verbrugghe in at the cost of a transfer -only 12 points off 20th place :)

I am not even there myself ... I only got 44 pts ... not on top 20 :o

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Got a good haul of points from Hushovd yesterday, but did very badly on the first day so still outside the top 20. Wasn't expecting Valverde to show himself that early and I totally underestimated the hill at the end and thought a sprinter would take the stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 578 ✭✭✭stuf

I had Cancellara and Chavanel and their late bursts didn't achieve anything in fantasy-land

I think the randomness of the tour finishing places will even things out over the coming weeks and my hopes of mid-table mediocrity may not be over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭BUACHAILL

I am not last .......amazing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Beached

40 points, a disaster start,
    ond one of my main men Soler from Barloworld struggling badly from a crash on day 1

Beached wrote: »
    40 points, a disaster start,
    ond one of my main men Soler from Barloworld struggling badly from a crash on day 1

I so very nearly had him on my team, but couldn't quite afford him -am I glad now! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭ba

soler was injured earlier in the season, so he is not worth it.
    i am pretty impressed with my 4th position. i have used 3 transfers tho, and with the mountains stages coming soon things will be hard for my team. agreed, the tennis was amazing.

i was so relieved to see the escapees get caught yeserday. and when cancellara pulled a trademark break, class. good boy thor did it, very happy with that last minute purchase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Funkyzeit

Disasterous start for me too - 3 of my riders already out or injured - very close at top of the league..!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

The Bunk McNultys have 53, sliding unceremoniously out of the top 20 (with a lot of ground to cover if we want to get back into it!!).

Made a couple of changes based on watching a half hour of the TDF coverage on TG4 yesterday - the commentators spent a long time talking about gears (only words I understood were 'Shimano' and 'Caponoglo').

Despite my efforst, my cluelessness remains intact:)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I take it the league table only shows the top 20. How many teams to we have in total Caroline?

el tonto wrote: »
    I take it the league table only shows the top 20. How many teams to we have in total Caroline?

Yes, the top 20 only shows. I didn't keep track of all the teams I accepted but ... I guesstimate about 40 teams maybe?? I don't have a number unfortunately. I will email the site to ask.

Ah you don't have to be going to the trouble of emailing them. I was only wondering if the total was visible from the admin page.

el tonto wrote: »
    Ah you don't have to be going to the trouble of emailing them. I was only wondering if the total was visible from the admin page.

No worries, I am at home ... by the way .. is it morally wrong to go for a spin on your sick day?

no you felt very ill and needed to get some fresh air into your lungs as being stuck indoors all day wasnt helping any. :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

No worries, I am at home ... by the way .. is it morally wrong to go for a spin on your sick day?

Just don't get caught!

I'm not doing so well in the Fantasy TdF. But hay it's only eary days so not making any transfers. My day will come. Sprinters day today I believe. Anyone got Robbie McEwan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

anyone able to shed some light on why my team (The Spare Wheelers) didn't get credited with a stage win today, even though Dumoulin won the stage and he's in my team
    http://fantasy.tour-de-france.eurosport.com/team.aspx?page=view&id=3201762?
    I don't get it....

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭rash

Was trying to find out how boards.ie was doing in the league of leagues but was unable to locate data.

Caroline
    Any idea on our position

Thanks

He's listed as having 28 points in your team, which is about right. 22 for winning the stage and 6 for completing 3 stages.

I was swearing loudly at Feiliu today (who's in my team). He could have won the stage handily if he'd waited for the sprint instead of attacking the two others with 1km to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭paddyb

i was sure today was cav's day!
    my team has no points either, same with riders i have transferred in - actually dunno what the deadline is for the next day

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭rash

paddyb wrote: »
    i was sure today was cav's day!
    my team has no points either, same with riders i have transferred in - actually dunno what the deadline is for the next day

From Eurosport site
    ***Remember all transfers must be made by 00.01 BST on the day each stage is raced so get your moves done each evening***

Am knockin on the door of the top 20 -have to keep reminding myself that's there's still a long way to go, and my guys have been finishin mid pack so far -Robbie Hunter's doing sterling work... just need Cunego to get his ass in gear soon :)

I just realised tonight that I have no hope of winning the mini-league. Didn't read the rules carefully and missed this:

"Only the 9 cyclists that you select for your team when it is initially submitted will score Final Standing Points. So choose carefully!"

I had my starting line up loaded up with sprinters and was going to transfer in some GC guys later. If I'd thought about it for a second, it would be plainly obvious that there'd be a rule on this. I'd only three guys who've any hope of making the top 20 and none who'd figure in the top five. I got rid of Evans at the start to draft in McEwan and hoover up some sprint stages.

In second at the moment. I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭oobydooby

The Freds have had their moment of glory and are about to bonk:D

• Advertisement

I can only see the top 20 teams just like you guys. I will post the stage 3 results later today.

:)

At last some change in the top 20 :) ( i am still not here thought )

TDFStage3.jpg?imgmax=512

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

oooh i'm still in the top 20. just. i swapped soler for ricco and then ricco fell out of the main bunch. the wanker.

just saw this:

the badger. :D

niceonetom wrote: »
    oooh i'm still in the top 20. just. i swapped soler for ricco and then ricco fell out of the main bunch. the wanker.

just saw this:

the badger. :D

Haha!! French people are so coward ... an irish man would have done the same bo***cks naked?

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭antomagoo

woo hoo just snuck into the top 20:)

You don't mess with Bernard Hinault.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭raido9

How many are in the league?

I thought I was doing ok being 7th out of 20 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 41 flipsky

Not a lot of work gets done during the tour, particularly now that I’m manager of a team I must watch over!

raido9 wrote: »
    How many are in the league?

I thought I was doing ok being 7th out of 20 :D

I estmate the number in the boards league at about 40+, I dont have the numbers as they only show the top 20, even for league managers. Sorry

flipsky wrote: »
    Not a lot of work gets done during the tour, particularly now that I’m manager of a team I must watch over!

Wish I had a tv, or even a second monitor to watch on!

Wish I had a tv, or even a second monitor to watch on!

I have 2 monitors, it s quite handy for TdF watching ...

• Advertisement

I got 98 now ... still far behind = Here uis the New Top 20:

%5C%5Cdub-efs-01%5Chome%5Ccmartinez%5CMy%20Documents%5CMy%20Pictures%5CTDFstage%204%20TT.jpg?imgmax=512

just checked mine 131
    c'mon Rubberduckies ha ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

Bunk McNultys at 100. Thanks largely to Evans and Ricco. The top 20 is so far away, they are but a cluster of veloheads on the distant horizon.

I'll get me 'fred' jersey...:o

unionman wrote: »
    Bunk McNultys at 100. Thanks largely to Evans and Ricco. The top 20 is so far away, they are but a cluster of veloheads on the distant horizon.

I'll get me 'fred' jersey...:o

I'm on 173... had a pretty good day yesterday with Millar, Hunter and Hincapie, but am hoping that the mountains will net me some extra points, though I really doubt it... come on Cunego!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

I'm in there with Nerdy Boys but I used my bonus stage yesterday, so I'll probably start slipping again.

Back in the hunt....but used my bonus stage AND I've no transfers left this week...!!

Funkyzeit wrote: »
    Back in the hunt....but used my bonus stage AND I've no transfers left this week...!!

is it transfers per week, or 6 overall?

God don't be giving me frights like that !!

Here ya go

Transfers/ Trades

Your team will receive a total of 21 transfers during the race (5th July – 27th July 2008). Transfers will be allocated as follows:

17.01(BST) Friday 4th July = 6 Transfers
    00.01 (BST) Saturday 12th July = 6 Transfers
    00.01 (BST)Saturday 19th July = 6 Transfers
    00.01 (BST) Saturday 26th July = 3 Transfers

You will receive your first set of transfers when the free transfer window closes at 17.01 BST on 4th July 2008. All subsequent transfers will be added to your team at 00.01 BST every Saturday of the race thereafter. As outlined above.

Any un used transfers each week will not be carried over to the following week – use them or lose them!

Balls! I coulda been making loads this week -stupid not reading the damn rules...

Balls! I coulda been making loads this week -stupid not reading the damn rules...

'Balls' too ... read them wrond as well ...

• Advertisement
Advertisement