Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Tour de France Scores

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Beached

AndyP wrote: »
    Oh good man, thanks for giving the result away. PLEASE DO NOT POST STAGE WINNERS ETC. Use the spoiler thread, some of us have to watch the highlights.

oops,
    sorry:o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

i don't know enough to make an informed transfer :(

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

Beached wrote: »
    oops,
    sorry:o

Nah, dont worry, I had just sat down to watch the highlights on ITV4 and saw this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

3 points off the bloody top twenty... c'mon the lads!

Cunego and Ricco today, get me into the top twenty, at least for a day!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Well Done Guys!!! I am still crap ... 123pts ...

%5C%5Cdub-efs-01%5Chome%5Ccmartinez%5CMy%20Documents%5CMy%20Pictures%5CTDFstage%205.JPG?imgmax=512

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Slipped to third and probably won't do great today or tomorrow. Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Dumdum McCarthy

CAROLINE I THOGHT I WAS STURGGLING IN 19TH POS AT THE MOMENT,MOVED UP A SPOT FROM YEST THO... IF U DIDNT REGISTER TOO MANY POINTS ON THE FLAT,UR GOIN TO STRUGGLE UP HILL?

i'm trying to work out the scoring here, I don't get it at all at all at all...
    I clicked randomly on Lanterne rouge, and I see they have 410 points.
    Yet their individual riders are:

Pos. Name Pts.
    C. Kim Kirchen 81
    C. Damiano Cunego 14
    C. Andy Schleck 0
    C. Riccardo Ricco 0
    C. Robert Hunter 51
    C. Steven De Jongh 10
    C. Robert Forster 32
    C. Bernhard Eisel 10
    C. Phillipe Gilbert 0

T. Team Milram 8
    Bonus stage still to come, so bonus points, 0.
    Now my honours leaving cert maths (with the aid of Windows Calculator) gives me a value of 206 when I add those numbers up.
    however when I add up my own numbers (spare wheelers), they add up to exactly what it says on the tin
    What am I missing? How come one set adds correctly, the other doesn't?

Other inconsistencies: Da Raiders: I get 329, the site says 448
    los super guanches : I get 306, site says 397.
    confused!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭BH2008

Hi Kenmc, I transferred a few riders last night...hushovd,cavendish,freire, the new riders drafted in show zero from when they came into my team (lanterne rouge)!

i amde a good sub last nite,i had todays stage winner and second place!i wont say who won,do u think i will get points for my sub,i amde it at 7 pm last nite?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭BH2008

you should do!

Oh boy ... I am sorry about the confusion ... I have no idea what's happening with the scores. I just assume the computer is right all the time :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭heyjude

kenmc wrote: »
    i'm trying to work out the scoring here, I don't get it at all at all at all...
    I clicked randomly on Lanterne rouge, and I see they have 410 points.
    Yet their individual riders are:

Pos. Name Pts.
    C. Kim Kirchen 81
    C. Damiano Cunego 14
    C. Andy Schleck 0
    C. Riccardo Ricco 0
    C. Robert Hunter 51
    C. Steven De Jongh 10
    C. Robert Forster 32
    C. Bernhard Eisel 10
    C. Phillipe Gilbert 0

T. Team Milram 8
    Bonus stage still to come, so bonus points, 0.
    Now my honours leaving cert maths (with the aid of Windows Calculator) gives me a value of 206 when I add those numbers up.
    however when I add up my own numbers (spare wheelers), they add up to exactly what it says on the tin
    What am I missing? How come one set adds correctly, the other doesn't?

Other inconsistencies: Da Raiders: I get 329, the site says 448
    los super guanches : I get 306, site says 397.
    confused!

I think the problem might be that when you click on a team, you see the team lineup as it currently is. So If you click on a team and see that they have a leading climber in their lineup then you have to consider that the owner may have replaced Freire with this climber yesterday in advance of todays mountain finish. So when you add up the points for his current lineup you would see this new climber with zero points and the total from his current lineup wouldn't match his team total since Freires points would still be included. So basically transfers complicate how you can calculate what a teams score should be, also you have to allow for the bonus points that a team has received from their bonus stage(if this has been reached yet). The bonus points are included separately from the individual rider totals.

Some teams may have made heavy use of their transfers and others haven't which may help explain the big gaps between supposed and actual team totals.

I suspect Schleck, Ricco and Gilbert were added by Lanterne rouge yesterday and so haven't scored yet, but the riders they replaced may have scored heavily, but you can't see that now.

%5C%5Cdub-efs-01%5Chome%5Ccmartinez%5CMy%20Documents%5CMy%20Pictures%5CTDFstage%206.JPG?imgmax=512

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Ken,
    It's the transfers. I've used all mine already for the first week, so there's some riders new to my team who haven't scored points yet.

Bloody 5 points off the top 20 now... I just want to get to 20th place once and I'll be happy!

*clink*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

ooooh squeaking in in 19th place... i take that. had ricco yesterday and kirchen is mine too. have only used one tranfer though so i might do some tweaking later.

i have to be careful though, if i allow this to get out of hand i be reading palmares in bed with a spreadsheet running on the laptop, and that's not fun.

Sorry ,,, I am a bit late with the scores.

TDFday7.jpg?imgmax=512

Well Done everyone

TDFDay8.jpg?imgmax=512

• Advertisement

YES!!!!!!!

I'm in the top 20 :)

%5C%5Cdub-efs-01%5Chome%5Ccmartinez%5CMy%20Documents%5CMy%20Pictures%5CTDFstage%208.JPG

yep i am still there bout half way and my bonus stage still to come!go on lemondes degenerates!

YES!!!!!!!

I'm in the top 20 :)

Even better today! U gained 2 spots!

Even better today! U gained 2 spots!

I knew things had to look up at some stage -c'mon 10th place :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

Well done Tiny, perseverance paid off!

The Bunk McNulty's are 86 points behind the top 20 board, but some of the transfers last week have paid off and could improve our fortunes (ha ha, if only I knew what the hell I was talking about;)).

Bonus stage (Bourg-d’Oisans > Saint-Étienne) is still to come.

unionman wrote: »
    Well done Tiny, perseverance paid off!

The Bunk McNulty's are 86 points behind the top 20 board, but some of the transfers last week have paid off and could improve our fortunes (ha ha, if only I knew what the hell I was talking about;)).

Bonus stage (Bourg-d’Oisans > Saint-Étienne) is still to come.

I'm much the same Unionman, I barely know what I'm talking about. At this stage, I'm hoping that Ricco does as he promised on Alpe D'Huez (my bonus stage) -I thin kpretty much all my hopes will be on that one

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭trek climber

Does anyone know the link to watching the tour online - cheers

tg4.tv

and eurosport commentary with Great Master Sean Kelly :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

eurosport audio if you're gan cupla focal. about 20seconds behinds the tnag video though which is slightly annoying.

Advertisement