Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does your 02 mobile broadband suck?

Options
  • 06-07-2008 1:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Mine does. Bigtime. I live in Newbridge, not a small town nor in the middle of nowhere but alls I can gets is miserable 56k speeds. And even at that, the thing cuts itself off every so oftern.
    If I go somewhere, and get actual "broadband", it cuts itself off every 2 minutes.

I´ve tried complaining and requesting my contract be ended, but nooooo. They more or less say it´s my problem.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,191 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

It is your problem, have you went to tech support, if the modem is cutting out it's usually a software or hardware issue with your computer, I'd be very surprised if 02 technical support has not helped to resolve it...I'd try calling them again, they might even be open now.....

As for the 56k speed that's dreadfull but I don't believe your geting it everywhere and if you are it's a technical problem you really need to talk to 02, if the service is as poor as you say they will let you out of the contract but you have to prove to them first that it really is that bad...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Kensington Chap

*sigh* Do you work for O2

• Registered Users Posts: 28,191 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

*sigh* Do you work for O2

Nope, do you work for Vodafone?

What have 02 said about your modem cutting out? - I know the answer to this problem and I don't think you've trouble shooted it correctly with them...

What have they said about the constant sub 56k speeds? - I don't know the answer to this, could be **** reception, overworked mast, list of things, would like to hear what they said....

You might be able to help op's out....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

The huawei e220 can run very hot, swap it with another and see , if its faulty then exchange it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Mine does. Bigtime. I live in Newbridge, not a small town nor in the middle of nowhere but alls I can gets is miserable 56k speeds. And even at that, the thing cuts itself off every so oftern.
    If I go somewhere, and get actual "broadband", it cuts itself off every 2 minutes.

I´ve tried complaining and requesting my contract be ended, but nooooo. They more or less say it´s my problem.

Get an External antenna, my UMTS reception on Vodafone.nl was sh"*te till i used one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭vex

Mine works great, have download 100meg files in 20mins or so,even used it to play COD4 online. I Do get hectic slow down at around 5pm - 8pm.You should try updating firmware, i would get it from the Huwai site and not from the o2 site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

just got o2 broadband in Carlow and it is flying am very happy so far. if you have the e220 modem these are not really good with vista and have that overheating problem. they are more suted to older xp pc's

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Broadband. Better help there methinks.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭hideous ape

If you are using the E270 modem then a firmware fix was released a few weeks ago to solve problems with drop outs:
    http://www.o2online.ie/wps/wcm/connect/O2/Home/Personal/firmware+update
    After running the update I haven't had a single disconnect.

There is also a main O2 forum here:
    http://forums.o2online.ie/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

external antenna?

I'm in Limerick. Mine works well in Castletroy (around UL) and pretty unusable in the city centre. I thought it was because of poor signal in my flat which is surrounded by thick high buildings, but I tried it in my firend's flat last night where I got 3 bars on hspa signal, which is as good as I get in Castletroy and it barely worked at all there too, so I think the contention in Limerick city centre must be pretty dire.
    Hey drunkmonkey, you work for o2, build more masts would ya :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

my O2 was sh1te, couldnt even get a signal in dublin

on the other hand my vodaphone 3G is awesome ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Noonzio

Mine was sh*te from day 1 until the day I cancelled my contract . . spent hour after hour on the phone with O2 tech support and as good (and as knowledgeable) as they were they couldn't solve the problem. Pure slow and only working some of the time . . when I did get decent speeds it would just stop working after 30 to 40 minutes. And I lived in Christchurch where they claimed speeds should be at their fastest.

Advertisement