Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best broadband provider in Cavan

Options
  • 06-07-2008 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭

I in the process of getting a phone line into the house I will be renting in Drumgola Wood (out on the old Butlers Bridge Road) and I was just wondering which will be the best(fastest) broadband provider to go with.

I am thinking of going with UTV as I am with them at the moment in my house in Dublin and have never had a problem with them. Only thing is the fastest speed they have is 3MB. If I have to go with that thats fine but I was wondering if the likes of BT etc have faster speeds in Cavan. I would have liked to go with NTL but as far as I know they only provide a tv service in Cavan and dont do phone or broadband.

I was going to post this in the broadband section but though it might be better here.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

gazzer wrote: »
    I in the process of getting a phone line into the house I will be renting in Drumgola Wood (out on the old Butlers Bridge Road) and I was just wondering which will be the best(fastest) broadband provider to go with.

I am thinking of going with UTV as I am with them at the moment in my house in Dublin and have never had a problem with them. Only thing is the fastest speed they have is 3MB. If I have to go with that thats fine but I was wondering if the likes of BT etc have faster speeds in Cavan. I would have liked to go with NTL but as far as I know they only provide a tv service in Cavan and dont do phone or broadband.

I was going to post this in the broadband section but though it might be better here.

Thanks

i use eircom broadband - i find it is fast enough - someone else got it installed (don't know how to find out what the speed is - if you can tell me how, i can find out for you). i know of a few at work who use BT outside the town, again don't know what speed (not much help am i). don't know of anyone who uses UTV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

Net1.ie :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jamesl

Why dont you try Smyths Cable. When I got my Cable installed last February they told me they had plans to roll out Fibre Optic Broadband around the town during 2008 and mentioned standard residential speeds of 10 to 20 MB. I'll certainly be changing over. I'm stuck in a contract with Digiweb which seems to be off more times than it is on!
    I dont know if its up and running yet but I'm sure they could point you in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Why dont you try Smyths Cable. When I got my Cable installed last February they told me they had plans to roll out Fibre Optic Broadband around the town during 2008 and mentioned standard residential speeds of 10 to 20 MB. I'll certainly be changing over. I'm stuck in a contract with Digiweb which seems to be off more times than it is on!
    I dont know if its up and running yet but I'm sure they could point you in the right direction.

Do you know the website address for Smyths. I did a search on the net but couldnt find one.

Thanks

EDIT: I found a number for Smyths and I rang them. They told me that they dont do broadband. Ah well. Looks like it is 1mb UTV internet for me. Apparantly that is the fastest speed I will be able to get :(

Advertisement