Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

6month old opel corsa 1.6T with continuous problems, what can be done?

Options
  • 06-07-2008 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I bought a top of the range opel corsa opc 1.6T and have had problems with it. There are constant rattlings and creakings in different parts of the car. They fix some and others come up.

They have also fixed some which have reoccurred. Is it possible to demand a replacement or a return under the sale of goods act?

I have 1.5 years left on my warranty but i've had to bring the car in 3 times now and there are still problems.

Please help.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Try getting on to Opel Ireland?

What's the aftersales/service department like when you deal with them?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,788 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Have you documentation on what was reported and what was repaired?
    Can you list them please?
    Are any of the issues mentioned in the first or second (or third) times you brought it back still not fixed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

Their pretty ok, i think their getting a bit sick of me calling.

They said the last time that your always going to have problems like these due to the car's sporty suspension, but that sounds like their trying to remove themselves from the problems.

It's been a month since the car's been in and i've 3 area's where theres noises coming from now, but a new top of the line car shouldnt have these problems. I'm sick of having to ring them and drop the car in as i've to take half day's from work.

Issues:
    • Smell of sulpher or burning when accerating fast (didn't fix)
    • Knocking sound when going over big bumps at driver side of boot (fixed)
    • Creaking in the steering column (reoccuring)
    • Creaking on passengerside going over bumps (new)
    • Creaking on passengerside dashboard when accelarating/breaking (reoccuring)
    • Creaking when windows are going up and down (fixed)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

I've an OPC also but so far have had only problem I've had was that the side skirt was becoming loose and needed re-glued. The dealers sorted this out no hassle thankfully.
    While i can't comment on your problems, have you had a look at the Corsa section of the VXRonline forum?. I'm guessing you might get more detailed answers there. From my experience the people on the vxronline site knew more than the dealers...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Lucifer

You could also bring it to a different opel dealer if there is one close to you and see if they are any better?

will try a different one. Is there anything to be done other than keep getting it fixed?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 luvroad

STaN wrote: »
    Hi All,

I bought a top of the range opel corsa opc 1.6T and have had problems with it. There are constant rattlings and creakings in different parts of the car. They fix some and others come up.

They have also fixed some which have reoccurred. Is it possible to demand a replacement or a return under the sale of goods act?

I have 1.5 years left on my warranty but i've had to bring the car in 3 times now and there are still problems.

Please help.

Thanks in advance
    Had similar problems with a different make of car a few years ago and know how frustrating it is for you, after shelling out hard earned dosh on a constant headache! Get in contact with the National Consumer Agency at www.consumerconnect.ie and LoCall 1890 432 432 Bottom line is, if you purchase something and it doesn't do, or perform as described then, either it has to be put right buy the vendor i.e car dealer, or they must replace it. Hope this was a help.

OK so I got onto the garage again. They will take it in. They said they would involve Opel in it this time. Will see what comes of it anyway. Thanks for your help

Advertisement