Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst "goof" you've ever seen in a movie?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

Galvasean wrote: »
    A recent example. The Incredible Hulk.
    Liv Tyler's character heartbreakingly sells her locket. Next scene she's taking photos on her ultra stylish digital camera.

That really bugged me too. Never mind the fact that they are on the run at the time so I don't know what she thinks she's doing taking a digital photo of their current location.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Titanic:
    At the end Rose is holding Jacks hand and she promises him she'll bever let him go. 2 seconds later it cuts to Jack and she's after leaving go of him.

hahahaha brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,063 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Titanic:
    At the end Rose is holding Jacks hand and she promises him she'll bever let him go. 2 seconds later it cuts to Jack and she's after leaving go of him.

Just means ya can't trust Kate Winslet. Lying f***ing b1tch. She held on to the big f***ing necklace though didn't she?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Parrish_Crooks

Ah I don't think Jack was too bothered, he got what he was after! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,484 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

A recent one I recall was in X-men 3: the Last Stand. Magneto and his crew march across the displaced San Fran bridge during a beautiful summers day. Blue skies abound. They're almost at the end of the bridge, having reached their destination (the big military facility). Suddenly it's in the middle of the bloody night as they step off the bridge! Whoah, whose mutant powers were they?

pixelburp wrote: »
    A recent one I recall was in X-men 3: the Last Stand. Magneto and his crew march across the displaced San Fran bridge during a beautiful summers day. Blue skies abound. They're almost at the end of the bridge, having reached their destination (the big military facility). Suddenly it's in the middle of the bloody night as they step off the bridge! Whoah, whose mutant powers were they?

Storm perhaps? It did kinda annoy me first time I saw it but I figured or rather hoped that it was Storm's doing rather than a horrible mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

One I reported to IMDB about Robocop
    When Robocop is first brought into the police station, one of the scientists shows a "device" that tracks Robocop's location at all times. This is obviously supposed to be some kind of hand-held LCD screen showing a map and a marker. However, you can clearly see that the "device" is just a tiny printed map with an LED placed in the middle of it.
    You won't be able to see anything else now when you watch it :D

I actually don't remember ever seeing one of these until the Internet arrived and I was made aware that these mistakes exist. The one I'm always noticing is continuity when people are talking - clothing and the layout of the room change constantly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Parrish_Crooks

Big one in Batman (1989) actually.

During The first appearance of the Joker in Grissom's office, you'll notice a big blotch of purple on his white neck. Apparently some of the white make up on his neck had rubbed off onto the collar of the jacket, so they covered it over with purple polish. Unfortunately, this then rubbed onto his neck! Oops :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,484 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Storm perhaps? It did kinda annoy me first time I saw it but I figured or rather hoped that it was Storm's doing rather than a horrible mistake.
    Yeah perhaps if it were a rainstorm or something, but it just went from day to night; she can't control the movement of the earth :p Plus at that stage the X-men hadn't turned up iirc so it couldn't have been her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I remember seeing that one and no one else in the cinema seemed to notice. When I explained it to my mates afterwards they wouldn't believe me because they said there's no way a goof like that would make it into the final cut!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Sure wasn't the whole film a horrible mistake?

Ha, high fives everyone!!! :pac:

humanji wrote: »
    I remember seeing that one and no one else in the cinema seemed to notice. When I explained it to my mates afterwards they wouldn't believe me because they said there's no way a goof like that would make it into the final cut!

Yeah, I seemed to be the only one who noticed it too. Though it was SO jarring you'd be forgiven if you blinked and pretended it didn't really happen. I do remember one review I read pointing out the glaring continuity error so it was noticed.

Though by that stage my good will had long since evaporated with that movie. I guess Rattner had been attending the Joel Schumacher School for Crashing Franchises.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

maybe not the biggest goof, but it's the most recent for me. in Dirty Harry when he's going after the two bank robbers near the start he fires his .44 Magnum 7 times and then asks the thief "did I fire 6 times or only 5?". I lol'd

didn't count his gunshots in the quarry though, although the bad guy was also using a 6 shooter and he fired off atleast 10 rounds without needing to reload. damn haxx0rz!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Gladiator: This one bugged me a lot! When Russel is lying on the ground after his fight with Joaquin, he has his head propped up on a nice raised pillow of sand.

I always taught his head was raised so tehy could do that delerious spinny thing
    you know to show that he was dying

Just means ya can't trust Kate Winslet. Lying f***ing b1tch. She held on to the big f***ing necklace though didn't she?

She wanted the necklace as something to remember him by. Not quite as romabntic as say a severed human ear mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Remember me and a few mates spotted a funny one in Predator (VHS) years ago. One of the African-american actors (Dillan) gets his arm blown off by the Predator. Soon afterwards, below his stump, you can see his arm sticking out the bottom of his jacket.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Can't believe nobody's mentioned the funniest:

Teen Wolf

Last few minutes of the film when everyone's celebrating at the basketball game the camera pans across to reveal a guy in the crowd waving his cockk about - classic!

Not sure if it's been taken out of the dvd but saw it awhile ago on TV, so funny as it's quite obvious :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I hate storyline goof that only does clued in on the whole topic would get, like the "Unleash Hell" line in Gladiator and the fact that Romans didnt believe in hell or what have ya.

One that my dad spotted was renting Good Will Hunting after it was first released the classroom scene with Stellan Saarsgaad has a blackboard that keeps being slid up and down repeatedly even though Saarsgaard is sitting on a desk talking to the class.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Can't believe nobody's mentioned the funniest:

Teen Wolf

Last few minutes of the film when everyone's celebrating at the basketball game the camera pans across to reveal a guy in the crowd waving his cockk about - classic!

Not sure if it's been taken out of the dvd but saw it awhile ago on TV, so funny as it's quite obvious :D

low quality, but lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Ah well she did let it go after 60 odd years in fairness;)

razorblunt wrote: »
    I hate storyline goof that only does clued in on the whole topic would get, like the "Unleash Hell" line in Gladiator and the fact that Romans didnt believe in hell or what have ya.

Or speak English for that matter if you wanna get REALLY technical.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Lars and the real girl was one that stuck out for me.
    I wouldn't normally notice gaffs, but I was extremely familiar with the boom mike after the film ended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Star Trek: First Contact

Why did the Borg only send 1 ship and if they were happy to assimilate Earth in the past. Why not just send the sphere into the past before any Federation engagement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

The Day After Tomorrow.

Can not be sure as I only watched it once but did the Ocean currents in the background go the wrong direction, in the conference in India

Also, why did super genius kids find "high" ground in NYC library, when some of the tallest buildings in the world are across the road

• Closed Accounts Posts: 950 ✭✭✭EamonnKeane

there was a South PArk episode where Kenny died, but then appeared in a later scene by mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Back to the Rock, during the car chase the windshield of the Ferrari that Cages character is driving is cracked badly and then in the next scene is fixed. That bugs the hell out of me in that film !!!

Star Trek: First Contact

Why did the Borg only send 1 ship and if they were happy to assimilate Earth in the past. Why not just send the sphere into the past before any Federation engagement

Because sending the more important stuff back would be considered too big a risk should something untoward happen while jumping through time. The loss of a single cube would be acceptable loses.

I have no idea why I am defending this movie..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

One I always notice is in The Fugitive, Doc Kimble is walking into a dark railway tunnel, and it's obvious some sort of jeep with rail wheels has the camera on it because you can see the tip of the bonnet at the bottom of the screen!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,460 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Kill Bill vol 1 (part fantasy, I know, but...) How did Uma Thurman get THAT sword on a plane as hand luggage....?

I may be wrong on this (I may have dreamt it), but wasn't there a shot with more than one sword? Like the swords were part of some kind of japanese themed decor in the plane? I have to watch this again.

Advertisement