Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst "goof" you've ever seen in a movie?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Parrish_Crooks

In the original Halloween (1978), when Laurie is walking home and she sees Michael Myers looking at her and then hiding in behind the hedge, director John Carpenter's cigarette smoke can be clearly seen blowing through the shot! There's another one where one of the sex couples (Think it's that 'Totally' girl and her bf) are leaving the sitting room to go upstairs and they trip over a dolly track.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Galvasean wrote: »
    Because sending the more important stuff back would be considered too big a risk should something untoward happen while jumping through time. The loss of a single cube would be acceptable loses.

I have no idea why I am defending this movie..

They never sent a Cube back, only a sphere that was in side the cube.

What I ment was: Why send 1 ship to assimilate Earth. Send 2 cubes and Earth is fawked.

But why bother sending a ship back in time at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭The Denouncer

I remember watching Angel Heart a few years ago and Mickey Rourke is doing his investigating and talking to a receptionist or something, and his glasses magically appear and disappear on and off his head during the whole scene depending on the camera angle.
    Blade Runner has my favourite. Harrisons Fords Deckard is taking the Voight-Kampff machine out and puts it on the table to interrogate Sean Youngs Rachel, the camera cuts to a long shot, and there's Harrison 'miming' (holding air) putting the VK machine on the same table, though its already there! I only noticed it after about 20 viewings for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Mrs Doubtfire, on the cover of the box (not sure about the DVD) she/he is holding up two big shiny pot lids and the camera man and crew are clearly visible in the lids lol.

That teen wolf is class good find ,thats why MJF is so happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Not a movie but at the end of the chili peppers by the way video Anthony Keidis smashes the back right window to escape...the driver looks back and the window is intact....

...temple of doom after the guys land in the river in the dingy.....they see the old guru dude and are soaked.......get out of the dingy and all 3 are bone dry.

Stormtrooper banging head on blast door in star wars.

Female editor (or ghost) superimposed on film after the funeral in godfather 1.

In stand by Me when Gordy is running away from Chopper........his hair is various lengths and is in various states of "windswept"

The iron in Forrest Gump when Jenny introduces big to little Forrest.

Charlies Angels.....all of it.

I'm done for now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

I love this one

Charlie's Angels

When the Angels are fighting the "Creepy Thin Man," right before Drew Barrymore lifts up Lucy Liu to spin her around and kick the thin man, to get Lucy's attention, Drew hollers out "Lucy!" even though Lucy Liu's character's name is "Alex."

:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I love this one

Charlie's Angels

When the Angels are fighting the "Creepy Thin Man," right before Drew Barrymore lifts up Lucy Liu to spin her around and kick the thin man, to get Lucy's attention, Drew hollers out "Lucy!" even though Lucy Liu's character's name is "Alex."

rofl
    i've actually seen that happen on a few shows... you gotta wonder how no one noticed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭evillive

in Raiders of the Lost Ark when Indy is thrown into the Well of the Souls by the Germans, a cobra rears up an hisses at him, the camera is behind the snake and you can easily see the snake's reflection in the wall of glass between it and Harrison Ford

tbh i wouldnt have done it any other way myself considering its only a matter of inches between the 2

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I love this one

Charlie's Angels

Something similar happened in Irreversible. In the train scene when asked his name one of the guys said his real name. When the girl said "Really?" he said "No, not really" and introduced himself (character name). It was a really good bit of improvisation which saved them having to reshoot the scene (which was one incredibly long shot).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭chris d

police story, jackie chan chases a bus down, but when he finally catches up with it causing the driver to bring it to a screeching halt, the two goons on the upper level crash out the window, but miss their landing on the safety car and hit the cold cold asphalt instead.

jackie looks concerned for their spines, a little.

i remember empire did a bad doubles feature a while ago, must see if i can dig it out.

http://www.empireonline.com/features/seeingdoubles/default.asp?NID=21760

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

How about the Indian Chief wearing sunglasses in 'A man called horse'?

Or the gas-powered chariot in 'Gladiator'?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭dabbler2004

The Matrix Reloaded; in a scene where Morpheus and Neo are talking as the camera shifts behind each of them while the other speaks, Neo's metal connection on the back of his head disappers and reappears.

Batman Begins; when Bruce Wayne is trapped under a burning piece of wood after Raz-al-Gul has set fire to Wayne Manor the flames disappear in the close up shot but are there when Alfred spots him from down the hall.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

The micrwave machine in Batman Begins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

chris d wrote: »
    police story, jackie chan chases a bus down, but when he finally catches up with it causing the driver to bring it to a screeching halt, the two goons on the upper level crash out the window, but miss their landing on the safety car and hit the cold cold asphalt instead.

jackie looks concerned for their spines, a little.

i remember empire did a bad doubles feature a while ago, must see if i can dig it out.

http://www.empireonline.com/features/seeingdoubles/default.asp?NID=21760

That was good.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭eunified61

scene in one of Steven Segal's films maybe "on dangerous ground" not sure where he is sitting on a porch the girl goes to get him a drink when she comes back he is dressed completely differently

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

Ive been meaning to post this for a few days but i kept forgetting. I watched 88 minutes the other day and this one is so stupid i dont know how they missed it.

Al Pacino drives out of a parking garage in a Porsche with 15 spoke alloys then when you see it next close up it has 6 spoke alloys. The othe one is when the car gets blown up you can clearly see it is a mock up!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Something similar happened in Irreversible. In the train scene when asked his name one of the guys said his real name. When the girl said "Really?" he said "No, not really" and introduced himself (character name). It was a really good bit of improvisation which saved them having to reshoot the scene (which was one incredibly long shot).
    or star wars episode iV, at the end, as luke gets off the fighter, princess lea runs forard and he shouts "Carrie!"
    lol

die hard, bruces amazing self cleaning vest. or the guy that manages to fire around 300 rounds out of a 30 round steyr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Parrish_Crooks

Female editor (or ghost) superimposed on film after the funeral in godfather 1.

What's this one? Can you elaborate?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

In Star Wars when Luke comes out of the fighter after the final battle and shouts " Carrie ( Fisher ), we did it ! "

zuroph wrote: »
    or star wars episode iV, at the end, as luke gets off the fighter, princess lea runs forard and he shouts "Carrie!"
    lol

die hard, bruces amazing self cleaning vest. or the guy that manages to fire around 300 rounds out of a 30 round steyr.
    In Star Wars when Luke comes out of the fighter after the final battle and shouts " Carrie ( Fisher ), we did it ! "
    literally two posts above yours. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

or what about star wars IV, after the final battle when luke gets out of his ship and shouts 'Carrie'

rofl

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

I dont think this is mentioned but the part in 'the Warriors' towards the end where the guy is banging the bottles on his fingers saying 'warriors come out to play'. if you listen carefully, before he starts you can hear the director saying 'aaand action'.

another from the Warriors, when the 'orphans' are chasing them down the road, the warriors run past the entire crew that were mistakingly standing on the wrong side of the camera's, all drinking coffee and some sitting down with scripts in hand

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

another from the Warriors, when the 'orphans' are chasing them down the road, the warriors run past the entire crew that were mistakingly standing on the wrong side of the camera's, all drinking coffee and some sitting down with scripts in hand

Maybe they were making a documentary about gang culture?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

I dont think this is mentioned but the part in 'the Warriors' towards the end where the guy is banging the bottles on his fingers saying 'warriors come out to play'. if you listen carefully, before he starts you can hear the director saying 'aaand action'.

:D

Oh links. Please some links.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

i found this on bloopers in the warriors - seems there links dont work proper though....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Was watching The Generals Daughter last night....and noticed Travolta's shirt was hanging out in one frame then the next was tucked in!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭KatCookie

In Hancock(which has a very misleading title! :P) theres one scene where the main female character gets shot, in the first scene shes bleeding out, in the second theres only the wound -no blood, and then its back to her bleeding out again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

I read that in the Peter Jackson remake of King Kong one of the sailors is wearing boots that were not produced until 1935. The film was set in 1933.

Now they're the goofs that I like!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 buffalo bill

Sean Connery leads the team up to some flaming boiler thing. Says something like "I watched the timing of this for 4 hours to get this right" or something and then rolls between the flames. Then he opens the door for the team to enter. Only thing is, if he was escaping the first time then why did he not just walk out the door he just opened for the team like he just did?

That is so true - but also, when he was escaping from the prison he would have done the sequence in reverse (he was breaking back in at this point). So the timing would have been back to front.

Advertisement