Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst "goof" you've ever seen in a movie?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 buffalo bill

Commando has a whole host - the porsche that slides on its side down the road and when Arnie flips it back upright the paint is perfect.

Sorry, not upright, I mean back onto its 4 wheels.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,997 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I watched the Director's Cut of Blade Runner again last night - first time in years. There are quite a few visual bloopers, especially in scale e.g the Tyrell Corporation building is supposed to be 700 stories high, but looks about 100 stories high when the flying vehicles are nearby. The final scenes take place in the Bradbury Building which is, in reality, only four stories high. Even with all the climbing Deckard does, it might be six or seven floors in the film, so why does he end up hanging over what looks looks like a thousand foot drop?

The biggest goof, though, might be a slight spoiler, so I'll cloak it:
    When Bryant is giving Deckard his instructions, he talks about 6 replicants that came off the shuttle and tried to enter the Tyrell building. One got "fried", and four (Leon, Zhora, Pris and Batty) are still on the loose. One is missing.

For half the film I was trying to figure out what that meant. Was Deckard the 5th replicant? If so, it would mean that all his history with Bryant etc, was implanted very recently, and everyone else was in on it. I even found myself wondering whether Rachael was the sixth replicant, and the story about a replicant getting "fried" was a cover-up, since we only meet her after Tyrell had her reprogrammed?

I looked it up afterwards, and it turns out that there was no mystery. It was a script blunder, and might even be corrected in the Final Cut (which I haven't seen). :cool:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,483 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Yup, it was fixed in the Final Cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

in the ring i think it was, someone is looking something up on a website and you can see the address is "c:\documents and settings....."

• Advertisement

And the tractor lines in the fields in Gladiator....

bnt wrote: »
    I watched the Director's Cut of Blade Runner again last night - first time in years. There are quite a few visual bloopers, especially in scale e.g the Tyrell Corporation building is supposed to be 700 stories high, but looks about 100 stories high when the flying vehicles are nearby. The final scenes take place in the Bradbury Building which is, in reality, only four stories high. Even with all the climbing Deckard does, it might be six or seven floors in the film, so why does he end up hanging over what looks looks like a thousand foot drop?

When Bryant is giving Deckard his instructions, he talks about 6 replicants that came off the shuttle and tried to enter the Tyrell building. One got "fried", and four (Leon, Zhora, Pris and Batty) are still on the loose. One is missing.

For half the film I was trying to figure out what that meant. Was Deckard the 5th replicant? If so, it would mean that all his history with Bryant etc, was implanted very recently, and everyone else was in on it. I even found myself wondering whether Rachael was the sixth replicant, and the story about a replicant getting "fried" was a cover-up, since we only meet her after Tyrell had her reprogrammed?

I looked it up afterwards, and it turns out that there was no mystery. It was a script blunder, and might even be corrected in the Final Cut (which I haven't seen). :cool:

How do you cloak the spoiler text???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

How do you cloak the spoiler text???

You need one of these
    bird200.jpg

If you can't afford one then
    Open and close your text with (spoiler)(/spoiler) only use [] instead of ()

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭dade

wasn't there some in the new Indiana Jones move, the motor bike that was used wasn't around for a few years after the movie was set

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Dunno about the worst but it annoys me everytime I see it and cant be arsed to check if its already been posted.

In Pulp Fiction with Pumpkin and Honey Bunny - Amanda Plummer says "any of you fcuking pr1cks move an I'll execute every motherfcuking last one of you" at the start of the movie but at the end with Jules and Vince she is heard to scream "any of you fcuking pr1cks move an I'll execute everyone of you motherfcukers"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

nedtheshed wrote: »
    Dunno about the worst but it annoys me everytime I see it and cant be arsed to check if its already been posted.

In Pulp Fiction with Pumpkin and Honey Bunny - Amanda Plummer says "any of you fcuking pr1cks move an I'll execute every motherfcuking last one of you" at the start of the movie but at the end with Jules and Vince she is heard to scream "any of you fcuking pr1cks move an I'll execute everyone of you motherfcukers"
    I thought tarantino actually did that on purpose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

Gremlins

When a gremlin attacks the Mum from a Christmas tree, and the tree falls on top of her, you can clearly see a member of the crew behind the tree, pushing it forward on top of her with a shirt on and wearing glasses :)

]http://www.moviemistakes.com/chimage.php?image=10202.jpg

And some from Die Hard (as Im about to watch it now)

John McClane stands in a little pool when the helicopter falling from the roof explodes outside and the windows shatter. In a short shot you see that this man is definitely not Bruce Willis.

http://www.moviemistakes.com/chimage.php?image=45093.jpg

Bruce Willis wore fake feet during the movie to protect his own while shooting the film. They were like boots that slipped on over his. At the part where the FBI guy shoots at him from the helicopter and Bruce jumps to a lower level of the roof, you can see the tops of the fake feet that aren't tight around his ankles.

http://www.moviemistakes.com/chimage.php?image=13954.jpg

In the shot where we see all the terrorists (except Karl and Theo, who are upstairs) walking into the building from downstairs, they are about to walk through a doorway when the camera cuts out. Watch the terrorist on the left (he's the one who guards the door) - before the camera cuts out he realises he's about to hit the doorframe very hard. Reminiscent of the Stormtrooper in Star Wars :)

http://www.moviemistakes.com/chimage.php?image=22219.jpg

When McClane enters Holly's office, a crew member is reflected in the mirror.

When the boss discovers the first bad guy lying dead in the lift ("Now I have a gun - HO HO HO!") and slaps him over the cheek, the corpse is moving its head before it is hit (watch carefully!) He also blinks.

EDIT: Images arent allowed anymore?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Parrish_Crooks

CodeMonkey wrote: »

Why would he do a goof on purpose?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

EDIT: Images arent allowed anymore?
    That's the moviemistakes website. It's disabled hotlinking. If you copy the links and paste them into a new window, they work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

My first thoughts too.

Maybe he was being ironic and wanted to see how many would notice it and complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

My first thoughts too.

Maybe he was being ironic and wanted to see how many would notice it and complain.
    I read into it, and the only plausible explanation it gave is that he wanted to shoot from someone else's perspective. In the first instance we see it from honeybunny's perspective - it sounds much harder and nastier. The second time we see it from Jules and Vince's perspective and it's noticeably less nasty and more nervous.

seamus wrote: »
    That's the moviemistakes website. It's disabled hotlinking. If you copy the links and paste them into a new window, they work.

Thanks

Was wondering what was going on! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭The Denouncer

bnt wrote: »

Yes its fixed in the Final Cut alright. I disagree about your building height comments - well on Blu-Ray anyway they looked massive. Besides, their height is not mentioned in the movie. The Final Cut also fixed the VK machine goof that was in the Directors Cut I mentioned earlier in this thread. Basically it fixed everything..Zhoras man double, the misreading of the identity number on the snake scale, the wires holding up the spinners. However Deckards chat with the Egyptian is still not quite right in the looping department.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

I read into it, and the only plausible explanation it gave is that he wanted to shoot from someone else's perspective. In the first instance we see it from honeybunny's perspective - it sounds much harder and nastier. The second time we see it from Jules and Vince's perspective and it's noticeably less nasty and more nervous.
    I always thought it was something like this, that the movie was based on short stories interlinking, so the stories are told differently by different people.

• Advertisement

I must have seen PF about 15 times and Ive never noticed that, I'll keep an eye our for it next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

I didn't want to start a whole new thread on this but there's a programme called Great Movie Mistakes on BBC3 right now hosted by some dude called Richard Webb. They're so bloody picky! He just seems really smug and unfunny and picking up on silly but really unnoticeable small little mistakes.

He's a knob.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^^

ya saw that last night, it went on too long and some of the gaffs were very so what

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Maybe I am wrong here...

But I think there was a mistake in the Michael Collins movie. In a scene in a pub somebody says "Howya Liam" instead of Mick or Michael.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

Linoge wrote: »
    You need one of these
    bird200.jpg

If you can't afford one then

rounded_warbird.PNG

FTW:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭timetogetfit

The biggest goof ever has to be a scene in American Ninja 2, where Joe Armstrong played is reporting to his comanding officer , joe armstrong is played by Michael Dudicoff but in this scene he is played by a completely different actor

• Registered Users Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Basq

CodeMonkey wrote: »
    No, this has been widely documented.

The dialogue played out slightly differently in Jules and Verne's scenes to show the different perspectives of the events that played out.

As in if you were in a robbery / dangerous situation like that, odds are you wouldn't remember exactly what was said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭timetogetfit

The biggest goof ever has to be a scene in American Ninja 2, where Joe Armstrong is reporting to his comanding officer , joe armstrong is played by Michael Dudicoff but in this scene he is played by a completely different actor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8Lv-JTVwJ0&feature=related

The goof happens around 1.55, you can tell it was a double from behind even before that, how could they have made this kind of c...up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

In the first Matrix, Morpheus rings Neo on the phone and says "this line is probably tapped" and then proceeds to tell him to meet Trinity "at the Adams St. bridge... blah blah"

If the phone is fkin tapped then you've just gone and told the agents where to find them...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I saw the half of a good prog last night on bbc3 on movie mistakes.. There was a good one showed in 'North by Northwest' where Cary Grant's in the back of a car with this other man, the car (one of those where the moving scene outside the car is fake) swerves around a corner so Grant leans to the side, the man beside him doesn't so Grant gives him a dig with his elbow him and glares at him then the man leans over and it's so fake 'cos the car's already turned. Funny:)

It showed another one in Gladiator where a man in t-shirt and jeans is clearly visible in the crowd trying to move out of shot.
    In Jurassic park when the girl and boy are hiding on the velociraptors in the kitchen. The velociraptor opens the door and the camera moves back to show it from a distance and you clearly see a hand steadying the creature's tail.

Advertisement