Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Petexpo in Mallow.

Options
  • 06-07-2008 6:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭

Was anyone else to Petexpo in Mallow? Went there yesterday and tbh I was a bit disapointed, I though it was going to be a big event but there were only about 20 or so animal related stands there and a lot of them were selling the same stuff. What life insurance and massage chairs have to do with animals beats me, although my dog would like the massage chair :).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭golden

Went there today and was dissappointed if only i seen your post earlier I would not have gone from Clare to Mallow.

Also got blocked in by a car in the car park on top of that a complete waste of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

I was very disappointed too.

We left after two hours and drove down to Maxi Zoo in Ballincollig instead!

I know that the weather didn't help, but I thought it was very poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Have to say although some parts were great esp. doggy fashion show. Was dissapointed that there wern't as many animal related stands as well, the Dublin one I was at last year had tons. I guess they put in the other stands to make some more money could of had a shortage of pet stands.

Weather didn't help. Took us 3 hours in the end to get there, signposted well until Mallow then with the road works going on took us ages to find the racecourse road ..forgot to bring directions with me.

Everyone was starving but wasn't paying 4.50 for chips at the resteraunt so went to chip van should of been more prepared really and just brought a picnic was hoping the catering would of been better in the Dublin one they had lovely crepes. Although didn't go there for the food many people travel a long way to get to it so usually need some nosh.

I think the weather mainly put a dampner on things.

It's the first time it's been in Mallow though so I would say next year there will be an improvement, each year it should get better. Despite the weather there was a huge turnout. There's another one in Dublin in October. It is worth going to as it's proper indoors so even if the weathers bad you won't have to run from tent to tent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Aimee_gleeson

Have to say although some parts were great esp. doggy fashion show. Was dissapointed that there wern't as many animal related stands as well, the Dublin one I was at last year had tons. I guess they put in the other stands to make some more money could of had a shortage of pet stands.

I heard there was a dog dressed as a rabbit in that show. WHYYY :confused: Buy a rabbit if you wanted one would have been cheaper lol. I didn't watch the show myself wouldn't have that much interest but didn't hear great things about it.

As for the stands you are right, there was a few unrelated pet stands like a spa stand, plant stand, fella selling glue etc, was talking to a pet shop owner yesterday and it was a CRAZY amount to put a stand in so maybe thats why only the main things like royal canin, maxi zoo etc were there. Also the organiser was trying her best to get more pet stands but supposidly people weren't snapping up the chance to go.
    signposted well until Mallow then with the road works going on took us ages to find the racecourse road ..forgot to bring directions with me.

Agreed! We even asked a local what way to go and he was trying to send us up a one way street :rolleyes: ended up following someone else in the hope they were going and they were :D Could have been signposted properly for sure!

Over all i didn't think it was great tbh i would not be in a hurry to go back. Id sooner try get myself to a show in England and see how things are properly done. Was expecting a lot more different types of breeders there and more fish as it said on the website. Passed the day all the same and that clydesdale horse was lovely, the little joey was nice to see too but could have done with a bit more room then a dog carrier thing.

First time for the show there so there is deffinatly room for improvement! Live and learn.. :)

The place was so packed that we didn't bother with half the stalls with people pushing and shoving the non animal related stalls took up the space that the public could of done with to be able to get in at the actual stands. I didn't spend anything which very unlike me lol.

The dog in the bunny outfit is just a bit of fun lots of dogs don't mind it most people just put summit on their dogs for fun dog shows or if they have a short haired dog that feels the cold. As long as the dog doesn't mind (and they'd soon let you know) don't see the harm. Although wouldn't go as far as to put booties on a dog or anything like that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 georgina

I was at the show on Saturday and i was so disappointed too...

the tenner in was so steep for what it was but thats neither here nor there.

None of the stalls inside offered any discounts, even royal canin who were the main sponsers, had no discounts only gave a 4 euro voucher which most people would probably never use!!

Walkng aound the stalls was a disaster, couldnt see anything they were so tightly packed in. All the people inside coz of the rain didnt help that but still...

There ws nothing different animal related in the show except for the indulgence cafe which was something i havent seen before!

Aside from all that, we paid 5 euro for 2 bottles of water! Couldnt believe it...

We also got lost on the way there too!!!

Very disappointing,
    G

I think the organisers would be glad to hear of feedback, I believe there was some feedback from last years Dublin one and aparently there was an improvement this year wasn't at the Dub one this year so no idea. I do rekon they wouldn't mind feedback though.

There were 3 adults one child with us it would of cost 38 euro but I got a family ticket so got away with paying 32 euro. It wasn't too bad but I think 5 euro per child and 7 per adult would of been more reasonable thats what we pay to the cinema. Oh well done now, wouldn't stop me going again. Just hope next year there will be more space in the Mallow one.

Arrows on the signs would be good there were loads of signs but no arrows.

Advertisement