Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a Mortgage Broker in Galway

Options
  • 06-07-2008 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭

Hi All,

Could anyone recommend a mortgage broker in Galway? Or brokers to stay away from :)

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Mr Maroon

thebackbar wrote: »
    Hi All,

Could anyone recommend a mortgage broker in Galway? Or brokers to stay away from :)

Thanks
    Alan Murphy in EBS na coiribe (if he's still there)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭pencil

I don't know any mortgage brokers

I know you didn't ask for this, but as your buying in a failing market it might be worth a look: www.thepropertypin.com

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭damalo

http://absolutemortgages.ie/ Joe Walshe

They've helped with my purchases and friend's and are great for giving you all the options.

Regarding the failing market - Depends on what angle you're coming from. Its no secret prices are falling due to an over supply in housing. Its also no secret that this will turn around in years to come. If you're buying to sell quick, dont waste your time. If you're buying for a mid term investment then now's the perfect time to buy. If you're buying for a home house, its the bank's that are riding you with % rates. If anything its the best time to buy for home/personal use but finding the right finance is the problem

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Orla Murray on Forthill Street (near Victoria Place/Merchants Road) is excellent. She also does pensions and investments.

http://www.orlamurray.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭pencil

damalo wrote: »
    Regarding the failing market - Depends on what angle you're coming from. Its no secret prices are falling due to an over supply in housing.

Falling fast & through the floor! if I was placing an offer on anything I'd be bidding aggressively low on a lot of different properties and looking for someone who needs to sell.
    Its also no secret that this will turn around in years to come.

True, but it could be anything from 3 to 20 years - no one knows.
    If you're buying to sell quick, dont waste your time.

Those days are truely over
    If you're buying for a mid term investment then now's the perfect time to buy.

I couldn't disagree more. No one knows how low prices will go! Why buy now when in 6 months, houses could be 15% cheaper! Of course its hard to call the bottom but we are still a LONG way from it.

If you're buying for a home house, its the bank's that are riding you with % rates. If anything its the best time to buy for home/personal use but finding the right finance is the problem

Disagree for the same reason as above. Buying now only makes sense if you are happy to live in the house you buy for at least 10 years and you can comfortably afford the mortgage. A house that costs you 300,000 now may drop to 250,000 in a year - that would save you approx 100,000 over the lifetime of the mortgage - that's a lot of holidays!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭thebackbar

thanks for all the feedback guys ...

Pencil, thanks for your comments, good advise for someone considering buying a house/apartment ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Aingil10

Right Choice Mortgage they are based in Tuam but will meet you anywhere if you like. Once you give them the paperwork they are back to you in a few days with what each bank are giving you best service I've seen. (1850)655655

• Registered Users Posts: 20 TrialVersion

Murray & Spelman Ltd.
    (091) 759500 / info@murrayspelman.ie

Advertisement